The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sentinel r-108 model sentinel snub-nose nickel-plated revolver with two piece white hand grips. it is in great condition. The serial# is 23475xx. How old is this pistol and what is the value of this pistol?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Not all manufactures use the same serial number sequence on their " Rebranded " or Trade name guns. If High Standard does, your gun was made in 1956. Value can only be determined by good close up photos but be aware, store brand guns will be 15 to 20 percent less in value than if the parent company's name is roll marked on the gun. To meet the stores price line, less work is done on the finish and furniture.

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
Have J. C. Higgins 88, standard sentential. Serial # 583880. Would like to know how much it worth n how old it is?
Welcome to TFF.
WE NEED PICTURES TO SEE .
CAN'T TELL WHAT IT IS WORTH WITHOUT THEM.
MIKE

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
There is a very good article about the High Standard Sentinel here:

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Sentinel/sentinel.html

The author says the R-108 series was introduced in 1967, and that the "R" designations were dropped in 1974, which agrees perfectly with deadin dating this gun to 1971.

Gun values vary directly with the condition of the gun, so as goofy says, we can tell you nothing about your specific gun without clear pictures.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a sentinel r-108 model sentinel snub-nose nickel-plated revolver with two piece white hand grips. it is in great condition. The serial# is 23475xx. How old is this pistol and what is the value of this pistol?

2,347,5xx probably shipped in late ( October or later) 1972 or early 1973.

These guns were not completed in Assembly in serial number order nor were they shipped in serial number order. Absent a complete serial number that is the best I can do.

Per the Stimson serial number files, your serial was around 1971.
My tables show the highest serial number for a year not the beginning serial number for the year. The highest for a year is a well defined number where as the earliest serial number for a year is complicated by the hold overs from previous years production.

The following link is to my research files for the Sentinels

http://www.histandard.info/Histd/Revolvers Sentinels.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.