How would your wife have responded? Train her!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KING64, May 6, 2009.

1. KING64

KING64 New Member

This evening while it was still daylight my wife drove to a local park to pick up our granddaughter, age sixteen. As she was waiting for our granddaughter to walk to the car a van pulled into the parking lot and two male subjects got out of the van, one of them armed with a handgun, and began chasing two other teenagers. My wife yelled at our granddaughter to "get down!" and then layed down on the seat of her Subaru Outback while dialing 911. As luck would have it a deputy sheriff was just pulling into the parking lot on a routine patrol check. The bad guys were chased down and apprehended with the assistance of a K9 unit who was relatively close by.

I am proud of my wife, who has a CWP and carries an S&W model 37 in her purse, for her response to this incident.

It is good to take your wife or significant other to the range to shoot but you also MUST train and advise her on taking self protection action and cover as well as how to shoot.

On edit:

(With recognition to the female members of this forum who do not rely on a husband or boyfriend to "train" them and who avail themselves of proper firearms use and defensive posture on their own)

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

If that had been my wife she would have called the morgue and told them to come get the bodies :D I am proud of your wife too she did the right thing and wasn't afraid to get involved. Please tell her we salute her!

3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Great Post! And kudos to your wife! She did the right thing!

4. ARB

ARB New Member

Maybe you can have a talk with my wife. She makes every excuse not go to the range. :confused::mad:

5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Excellent, you should be proud. I recall having my wife shout get down on the floor to our kids as the four of us in a car drove through a violent riot in the middle east one time. Quick driving through crowds and charging mounted cops might have scared some, but not MrsT.

Our better halves can surprise us sometimes.

6. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Sounds like she did everthing right.
    oldogy

7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

A buddy of mine visited my house for the first time recently, and he told my other buddy he couldn't imagine anyone breaking in--lest they be met with a face full of buckshot....

It could be true.

8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

King, your wife is to be commended. She just might have saves someone's life

I have tried and tried to get my wife to go to the range with me, but she just absolutely refuses.

9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:) your wife is a quick thinker, i'm glad things turned out so well.

10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

BRAVO! Your wife reacted perfectly to the situation.

11. rebel_lady

rebel_lady New Member

Both of my parents were police officers, they taught me to respect weapons, & how to shoot them at a very young age. I still go shootin' every chance I get. I did even when I was pregnant, (didn't bother the baby a bit) ha ha. I think women should learn, if they don't want to on there own, hell yeah train em'. Thumbs up to you & your old lady!!!

12. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

My hats off to Mrs king! I must be one of the blessed! My wife loves to shoot clays with any of my 12 or 20 gauge shotguns. She is a good shot at 100yards with any of my rifles and now is learning how to shoot my colt series 70 45acp. I think if you have guns around your spouse should at least be able to load and shoot it with out being scared or nervous about it. It may just save her life or someone else one day.

13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

King64, it gives you a very secure feeling, doesn't it?

Kudo's to your better half!

14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Rebel Lady, welcome aboard. My wife shot rifle and pistol while pregnant. All six of my kids are shooters. Coincidence? King 64, hats of to your wife. Glad it turned out ok and she didn't have to shoot someone, at least she had the option.

15. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

I've been trying to train mine for 19 years now.

Time to stop beating a dumb horse,
    Oops! I meant DEAD horse! :rolleyes:

PS
    (I'll strangle anyone who shows her this!)