Howdy!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

WV Mike
    (2/20/02 6:13:42 pm)
    Reply Howdy!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been lurking for the past couple of days reading the posts and getting a feel for the atmosphere of the forum and it sure seems like a place to talk small bore. As my handle implies I call West Virginia home and not a finer place to grow up or raise a family. I cut my eye teeth shooting my moms Winchester .22 pump until I could afford to buy my very own when in the mid seventies I bought a Browning BL-22, I have put a lot of game in my coat with that little lever gun. I own a few .22`s, the Browning, a Nylon 66, Ruger MK II, a Heritage Rough Rider .22 combo, and a Marlin 25mn .22 mag.

The newest addition is my sons Rossi .22/ 20 ga. combo. A gun that seems to be the ticket to get a seven year old started in the shooting sports.

I am fortunate to live on a pretty good size patch of dirt that is full of squirrels, turkey, and whitetail deer with grouse and rabbits thrown in. Deer hunting is real big around here and I hunt with a muzzle loader throughout our month and a half long combination of seasons. Bow hunting is also high on the list during the fall. While the whitetail is king in these parts my fist love is waterfowl hunting. I hunt ducks and geese from the Monongahela to the Ohio river and Canaan Valley to the large impoundments of the state. My current passion is amature boat building (duck boats) stitch and glue style.

Well thats about it...geez get hill people started and they dont know when to shut up.

I`m looking forward to talking rimfire with you all. Seems like the more you know the more you can learn about the little .22.

Mike

Tac401
    Administrator
    (2/20/02 6:27:38 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Howdy!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Aboard WV Mike!

Feel free to join us in the other forums too
    if you like!

I love the rimfires too, I've got a few myself!

Glad to have you with us!

Tac
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/20/02 8:06:45 pm)
    Reply Re: Howdy!
    Welcome WV Mike. I hope you stick around and swap stories (lies) with us
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/20/02 8:10:40 pm)
    A "HOWDY" bakatcha' WVMike, Glad to have you with us.
    Feel free to post as much and as often as you like. And certainly jump-on-in anywhere you'd like

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/20/02 8:31:18 pm)
    Yep, Welcome! Nice little collection of shooters. I love them double two`s.
    LTS

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (2/20/02 11:52:44 pm)
    WVMike, welcome to the board.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/21/02 8:49:02 am)
    Hi, WVMike. Welcome to TFF!

Gunruner
    (2/26/02 12:15:21 am)
    WV Mike, I'm in Hurricane West Virginia, If you are coming down this way give a shout and we'll pop off a few rounds.......Mike