HS Model 38S German revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RF4guy, Nov 20, 2004.

1. RF4guy

RF4guy New Member

Does anyone on the forum have any experience with these? It looks sturdy enough, but not sure of the quality. All steel or alloy frame etc.

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Who is "HS"?

The only H-S I find listed makes rifles out in Rapid City, SD.

3. lead

lead Well-Known Member

First, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to hang out.
    I assume it is H. Schmidt. Also sold as Arminius revolvers, and the Windicators that EAA still sells. Not a very bad gun, not target grade either. I know it is an alloy frame, but I think it has a steel sleeve in the barrel. I would stick to factory ammo in it, no hot reloads. I bought one at a pawn shop awhile back for $70.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  4. RF4guy

RF4guy New Member

Thanks for the info...I couldn't find much information, but I thought it looked like a windicator. What's the value of an older, 1960-70's one LNIB?

5. lead

lead Well-Known Member

As to value, like I said, I bought one for $70. They don't command a high price. A nice one will probably bring more, but only if you're selling to an individual. Dealers won't give you much. A few guys around here have bought them as a tackle box gun.