Humpin The Boonies

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Photo Album' started by Guest, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/25/02 5:46:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Humpin The Boonies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come TET of '68 we had the opprotunity to get in some heavy duty street fighin' up north but prior to that we had our times in the hills, jungles and paddies of the Central Highlands. Pics compliments of 2/5 Marines
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/25/02 5:57:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Humpin The Boonies
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As General Mac once said ..... "I shall return"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/26/02 2:51:04 pm)
    Water Water Everywhere ..... And not a drop to drink ..... Well, that is until you get thirsty enough anyway and don't forget to check them boots for all the leeches that are in there after your done playin in the kiddie pool
    [​IMG]
    SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/26/02 3:10:09 pm)
    Now I gotta admit that it looks like somethin' off a postcard when your flyin' over it. What ya need to do though is "get down" .... and LIVE IN IT while your tryin to stay alive
    [​IMG]

Now I gotta admit that it looks like somethin' off a postcard when your flyin' over it. What ya need to do though is "get down" .... and LIVE IN IT while your tryin to stay alive

"What more can I say ..... I was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (3/26/02 3:10:15 pm)
    I was just thinking Gunner---when you look in, it doesn't seem like it has been more than 30 years ago--the mind and memories are wonderful creations, but they will play tricks now and then---how timely now to think of the overused sporting expression, "THE THRILL OF VICTORY---THE AGONY OF DEFEAT". Sad for the troops there, those two never were clearly separated for us---and then we come back home to confusion about the WHYS of it all. wilborn

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/26/02 3:53:35 pm)
    YUP ... Memories ... Pressed between the pages of my mind!

Took part in Operation Essex in November 1967 at a spot on the map called Antenna Valley (peaceful pic below) that turned out to be rather disasterous for us once we got way back in there. Came up on a village and Charlie was definately ready for us and after they mowed down a whole platoon caught out in the open. Charlie knew we would come to the rescue. We ended up getting ourselves surrounded that night and needless to say it was a very very long night of battle. Only thing that somewhat saved our patooties was we had Puff swing by several times throughout the night. Never thought I would see the sun come up in the morning and when the smoke cleared Charlie was "gone" and our brothers had layed there all night after being gunned down not 15 feet from the treeline to the ville. It was one of MANY sad days for me .........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YUP ... Memories ... Pressed between the pages of my mind!

Took part in Operation Essex in November 1967 at a spot on the map called Antenna Valley (peaceful pic below) that turned out to be rather disasterous for us once we got way back in there. Came up on a village and Charlie was definately ready for us and after they mowed down a whole platoon caught out in the open. Charlie knew we would come to the rescue. We ended up getting ourselves surrounded that night and needless to say it was a very very long night of battle. Only thing that somewhat saved our patooties was we had Puff swing by several times throughout the night. Never thought I would see the sun come up in the morning and when the smoke cleared Charlie was "gone" and our brothers had layed there all night after being gunned down not 15 feet from the treeline to the ville. It was one of MANY sad days for me .........

"What more can I say ..... I was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/26/02 11:23:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del AnHoa Base
    Just another shot from "upstairs" out the chopper door of our base camp area. Airstrip is visible on the right ... Rice paddies and villes to the left and some hills on the other side of the airfield. This was home for a while till we moved up into Hue City.

[​IMG]