Hungarian HI-POWER Clones?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/25/01 8:49:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hungarian HI-POWER Clones?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone have the scoop on those hi-power copies. Are they worth a rat's ass? I'm really hard up to make a handgun buy here and I need some help!
    Thanks,
    MO JENKINS

JohnRTal
    (1/5/02 11:34:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hungarian HI-POWER Clones?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mo, I am a little late in replying to this post but here goes. I purchased an FEG P9R in 1997 so I could take the Texas Concealed Handgun License training course to qualify to carry either semi or revolver. First I am not a great pistol shooter but I am proud of my scores that I have shot with this partcular handgun. It has shot about 5 different kinds of ammo without a squeak or sneeze. Ball or HP didn't make any difference. No jams, no stovepipes, no failure to feed. I am well pleased with the quality/dependability. My 5cents worth.

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/13/02 10:16:45 pm)
    JohnRTal,
    I appreciate the response John. It's probably going to be a while before I buy the Hi-Power clone, I'm just coming out of a black powder binge of sorts. I'm picking up a Euroarms 1853 Enfield repro this coming week and then I think I'm gonna try to start saving up for that pistol. Is this one great hobby or what?
    Talk to you again soon, brother!
    MO JENKINS

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/14/02 1:17:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Hungarian HI-POWER Clones?
    Good to see you around again MO!

Don't be a stanger!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/02 5:29:39 pm)
    Also coming in late to the conversation, but I have one of the FED Hi-Power clones, and I couldn't be more happy. Digests whatever you put in it. Only had one problem, and that was when I used a USA-brand mag in it - the factory mag functioned fine, as well as my other USA brand mag. Go figure.

From what I here, they are also part for part interchangeable with real Hi-Powers.

Note that this applies to the true single-action Hi-Power copies - I've heard bad things about their double-action versions.

RobC in Missouri

Scott
    (3/23/02 11:44:41 am)
    I owned a High Power clone in 45acp for awhile. It looked ok, and was accurate. The magazines were 8 shot capacity, but if you tried to place 8 eight rounds in the mags, they would not secure into the pistol. They would only take 7. Also the magazines did not fit evenly and hung it bit from the bottom of the handgun. But, they are not expensive and fun to shoot. For the price, they are a fine handgun. I sold it so I could purchase a Colt 1911....