The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm Hungarian and in the past days of Hungary this was considered peasants food! I'm cooking this today and if you do not try this your not living!!!

Ingredients:
Full of half pork belly
Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce(American twist)
Meat thermometer (165 degrees on biggest piece)
Beer or cocktails.... again it's a slow roast deal! LOL !!;)

The night before get a pork belly from your butcher and cut into 4x4 squares give or take. It helps to score it a bit but not necessary. Put in ziplock or container completely saturated with BBQ sauce for 8-24 hours in fridge.
This is typically cooked over a campfire and is a slow roast deal. I have made a roasting pit out of block (at my house) which works great and is easily made to dismantle. You'll want to start the fire way in advance and basically only have coals going. I will add more explanation and pics as I move through this today! And I'm not giving out my address cause once you see this your tummy will be mad your not here!:)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IMG_4785.JPG

Still too hot, you just want hot coals but here is my diy fire pit.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Slice and enjoy, Hungarian recipes add hogie style buns, little onion and cucumber. I like the bun option but to also just eat slices of it!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Best thing you'll ever eat, again roast slow medium temp of 165. Don't let the charred outside scare u..... its the best part besides the fat on the inside which is like butter. ENJOY!!! U WILL!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts