The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The house my wife and I moved from in March had a driveway over a creek that will flood and create an impassible lake with that much rain. Several times we were stuck at home until the water receded. I don't miss that.

·
No Power Options
13,006 Posts
Hey, I`m in the boat rental business. Now it`s not cheap.....but when you need it---Hey, what`s a little money. We take wet dollars too. No gold as we no longer are certified to dive.
:lol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Not really a hurricane...it's a TD. Some limited flooding in south side of Houston. As usual, there's a handful of fools who've driven their vehicles into low-lying intersections that are prone to flooding. You know...the one's with the rain gauges right there on the side of the road. :rolleyes:

·
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any flooding?
In Houston, that's about 30 miles south of me, it's just wet, I we have good drainage here.
Down south it's the usual idiots driving into deep water,
they showed one on tv driving into the water, the next think you see is the rear of the car floating.
Beware up north, these flood cars come up there for resale.

Thus far I have only gotten 5 inches today.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
The house my wife and I moved from in March had a driveway over a creek that will flood and create an impassible lake with that much rain. Several times we were stuck at home until the water receded. I don't miss that.
TV weather folks are always saying not drive through standing water on roadway, just turn around. Last week a guy drove through standing water, right into sink hole! He got help from guy saw his car do nosedive. Took them awhile to get car removed and fix think 30" water line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts