Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Husqvarna AB 30-06 us whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by smokyhollowforge, Apr 1, 2009.

1. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

Hi to all,
    I am new here and looking for some information. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend that is selling his fathers Husqvarna AB 30-06. He said his dad bought it new around 1958 when he was over seas in the army. It looks to be is almost new condition. It does have a scope mounted on it. dark would stock, safety on the right side and the bolt has a diamond pattern etched into it. no marks,dings or scratches on the stock or barrel. This is a very nice looking rifle. I can post the ser # later if that would help any.
    Thanks
    More info:
    On the barrel it says "HUSQVARNA VAPENFARBRIKS AB 30-06 US"
    SER# 21097 I can not read any more because the scope mount covers it.
    On the top of the barrel in front of the bolt is a design and it says SWEDEN under it.
    The scope says K.KAHLES WIEN HELIA 39 S2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Husqvarna WeaponFrabricators was in the gun business for a long time. My oldest Husky is from the mid 80s. 1880s, that is. They quit making guns and went to other things in the early 1960s, I believe.

I would be tickled pink to pay between 3 and 400 for that gun, because I think it is worth much more. Unfortunately, that's probably all you could get for it, because, these days, nobody knows about Husqvarna. Of if they do, they think of motorcycles or chainsaws.

Me, I've got three Husky 16 gauge SxS (one of them is the old one), four 12 gauge SxS, a bolt action 22LR single shot and a 96 Mauser in 9.3 x 57mm (my alg gun). I like Huskies.

3. smokyhollowforge

Thank you Alpo,
    He told me he would like to get $500.00 for it. I will have to think about that some. It does seem like a very nice rifle.
    Thanks Again

4. Contenderizer

Contenderizer Member

Give him the $500. The gun is worth $400 +. Now add a hundred for the scope, rings and mount and you both can sleep tonight. Husqvarna Vapenfabriks made good guns ... just misunderstood.

ps. the sling adds another $40

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  5. smokyhollowforge

Just got back from the range. shooting this gun is a dream. It holds a one inch group at a 100yards with no problem. for my first time shooting it I am very happy. I am buying it! Thank you both for your input and I welcome anymore.