The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The HK VP70Z had an 18 round magazine, before they were commonplace or cool. You were lucky to get off 3 or 4 rounds before your hand cramped up!!!!!
I did a string of fire with mine. I have four magazines for it and I even installed a Wolff spring to reduce the trigger pull. By the third magazine, my hand hated living and was begging for the sweet release of death.

· Premium Member
20,199 Posts
I know all of you guys will run out and get one of these handguns when you see this. I won it in a contest. Joe Biden wants to make this the new handgun for the US military to cut costs.
Wood Rectangle Office ruler Font Gas

· Registered
Token Trigger Snob
7,524 Posts
I want a Phoenix Arms 25 acp.

View attachment 286568
I forgot about that one. I've got the 22 version that I've done a lot of work on to make it shoot better with fewer of those stupid safeties. I'd like to have a 25 ACP and this would be a cheap way to get into one. They've gone up around $50 in the past year or so. That makes it less tempting.

I know all of you guys will run out and get one of these handguns when you see this. I won it in a contest. Joe Biden wants to make this the new handgun for the US military to cut costs.
View attachment 286601
They're ugly, but with a $10 sear spring replacement, the removal of the magazine safety and some polishing they actually have a good trigger pull and shoot decently. I kind of inherited a c9. Don't ask.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
View attachment 286601
Hi-Point has a no questions asked lifetime warranty on their guns. You can video yourself cutting one in half, and they'll replace it. Furthermore, their guns actually work. Working class folks need firearms too.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Sigmas not as bad as made out to be. Granted lousy trigger but gun ain’t built for Target shooting. I’ve had a bunch of them and found them to be dependable. I’ve had 380, 9mm and 40Cal models. The 380s I’ve only shot a few hundred rounds through. The 9s & 40s shot a good bit. I’m bit of a snob, I wouldn’t carry one but I wouldn’t be afraid to either. I usually got a couple on had but fresh out for now.
Photograph Light Air gun Trigger Wood
Rectangle Tool Electric blue Computer data storage Auto part

· Registered
9,452 Posts
Back in the 70's a friend had a Commando Mark 45. It was a semi auto clone of a Thompson submachinegun. The thing jammed every three or four rounds and the edges on the inside of the trigger guard were so sharp they cut my finger several times. I've wanted one ever since then.

· Super Moderator
45,410 Posts
Back in the 70's a friend had a Commando Mark 45. It was a semi auto clone of a Thompson submachinegun. The thing jammed every three or four rounds and the edges on the inside of the trigger guard were so sharp they cut my finger several times. I've wanted one ever since then.
You mean one like this? Volunteer Arms commando, I used to have one too and you are correct, it was a "jammer".
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

· Registered
8,044 Posts
I have same experiences as y'all with basically the same POSs---the Commando-did;nt get through 2 mags before I decided it was sold,Had 2 Raven .25s,got shot with one in leg,took it away from young lady,threw out window into river,gave the other to a LEO buddy.HiPoints are just clunky,ugly,junky looking things that perform 100% and are pretty accurate,we tried to kill my buds 9mm carbine-put well over 5k through it one summer with no cleaning--it failed to chamber fully a couple of times,just slam it and it worked....Made the BAD mistake of totally diassembling 2 cheap Italian autos,gave to gunsmith in a bag.

· Registered
2,371 Posts
I had the worst dog CZ ever made, and I LOVE CZ - the CZ-100. Built to a customers exact specifications, who then bailed on the deal, so they were marked and sold off. Poly before poly was cool, DAO with a trigger even Mom would hate. I literally paid 1$ for mine, and I wanted my money back. Only CZ I was glad to sell. That dingus between the front and rear sight? Made to rack the slide one handed on your belt.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
125 Posts
pulled this picture off the interweb just to prove that some of them actually came magazines. Ladies and Gentlemen may I present the Bren 10
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Wanted one long before I ever saw my first episode of Miami Vice. Never happened I never had that type of $. For those that don't remember, you had to preorder a Bren 10 and they would be shipped when they were made. Many were shipped without the magazine that was to come later, "the check is in the mail" and didn't. Original mags can command almost as much $ as the gun. Also wanted a Remington R-51. Pedersen designed hesitation locked action. Kind of an Art deco styling. I'm a bit gun shy when in comes to Big Green so I waited. Dodged a bullet that time.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
pulled this picture off the interweb just to prove that some of them actually came magazines. Ladies and Gentlemen may I present the Bren 10 View attachment 286646 Wanted one long before I ever saw my first episode of Miami Vice. Never happened I never had that type of $. For those that don't remember, you had to preorder a Bren 10 and they would be shipped when they were made. Many were shipped without the magazine that was to come later, "the check is in the mail" and didn't. Original mags can command almost as much $ as the gun. Also wanted a Remington R-51. Pedersen designed hesitation locked action. Kind of an Art deco styling. I'm a bit gun shy when in comes to Big Green so I waited. Dodged a bullet that time.
Fun fact, the Miami Vice gun was a .45 ACP models due to blanks. Also, Don Johnson dropped a magazine into Biscayne Bay, production sent a driver to fetch it because magazines were that rare.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
View attachment 286601
I know that people wrinkle their noses at HiPoint firearms, but, for all their problems, I find that I can hit PRETTY well with them (won't win any action pistol matches, but whatever) and, once well and truly worn in, they are lead-pipe reliable with ANY ammo I run through them (providing the ammo is powerful enough to fully move the slide).
My HiPoint 9mm turns in 2" 5-shot groups at 50 yards, using 5.8/Unique/122 gr. RNFP, from a rested or slung position. Better accuracy can be had, but not at what I paid for my carbine. Additionally, it is accurate and reliable enough for my not-too-experienced wife to "knee cap" anyone behind me, out to 50 yards.
What kind of $$ would I have to spend, now, to get similar or better performance? Another, more expensive PCC? A lever-carbine in .357 Magnum or other rounds? An AR-platform PCC?
Not seeing the "cost effectiveness", there.

I got so busy with the above rant that I forgot to mention my moment of "alleged lapse of mental acuity". I bought a Cz52 pistol, original caliber, when they were still relatively good deals. The vendor, who was also a lifelong friend, asked me if I was sure I wanted "a pistol like that", and later, "Are you still feeling okay?". I assured him that I was in as right a state of mind as I'd ever been in (Prolly faint reassurance, to him), and I bought the piece as a curiosity.
Over the years, I have piddled with reloading it, both up and down. I find that it is or can be made to be the ballistic equivalent of a .32 H&R Mag (and more), and MY piece is accurate enough to challenge many revolvers so chambered.

· Registered
4,008 Posts
Reactions: bc22wm

· Registered
202 Posts
I bought my first gun from the Sears catalog in 1962. The mailman left it on our front porch.

I have bought and sold hundreds of guns since then. I have strived to sell my bad (inexpensive) guns and upgrade to better guns. I have never desired to go backwards.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts