The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Yes you are right a friend of mine just sold one for $2400.00 and I thought no way when he told me the price. It sold in one day. It was a Bushmaster.
There are suckers born every minute.

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Don't be too hard on your dealer. He is very likely caught in situation where if he sells his ammo and AR's for the old price, it will cost him more to replace it than he made on the sale.

In other words, if he paid $10 for something and normally sold it for $20, he made a $10 profit. Out of that gross profit he has to pay operating expenses so his net on it may be $3. If it costs $15 to replace it, he has lost money because he now has to draw money from somewhere to pay the difference in order to keep his inventory up. In order to stay in business, he HAS to raise prices to reflect what he will now have to pay to replace the item.

In business this is known as an inventory profit, and while it seems to be unfair, a businessman has to adjust his prices to reflect: a; what the item is selling for elsewhere, and b; what it will cost him to replace it.

You see this all the time in the prices of gasoline at the pump. If the price goes up at the refiner, the price is going to rise at the retail level in order for the retailer to buy more when he needs it.
There is absolutely no excuse for selling 800.00 ARs for 3500.00 just because you can and just because everyone else is. I would not get involved in either side of this hyped up market. If it were a matter of survival like Josh mentioned, it would be different. It is not. While there are some idiot liberals making illegal laws, there is nothing outlawing ARs in the majority of the country and the market is becoming saturated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.