The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I call the chassis "Apache" I was bored and decided to put my CAD modeling skills to the test. Pushed myself to the limit modeling this, but I think it turned out good. I designed this to fit on a printer with a max Z height of 300mm and it just barely fits. The forend dovetails into place and can be fused to the main body with Weldon #3 to permanently attach it. The rail section also dovetails into place and can be secured with some allen screws. If a rail isn't desired, I made a filler piece that can be used. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is, I couldn't get a beaver tail grip to work. The trigger and stock geometry wouldn't allow for it. Here is the current print I did. Had to make some minor tweaks to the model to clearance the dovetails as they are far too tight. New print is in PETG and will be done day after tomorrow. The file will be available for sale for around $10 -$15 once everything is completed and tested.

Fixed and collapsible buffer tubes can be used. With a magpul MOE stock LOP is 10.5"-13.75". Let me know what you guys think!

PicsArt_12-13-04.58.21.jpg

PicsArt_12-13-04.58.29.jpg

PicsArt_12-13-04.58.39.jpg

20201213_202500.jpg

Here are the CAD drawings

20201212_005029.png
20201212_005048.png
20201212_005110.png
20201212_005149.png

·
Super Moderator
26,855 Posts
Wow! I wish that I had the talent and knowledge to do something like that.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I got a feeling producing something like that might get me a room in the big house here in NY!
That’s if they didn’t shoot ya after waking you up from a sound sleep. Busting your door down with a no knock warrant charging in all ninja. Cannot be to carful in dealing with “militant gun owners”🤨 Sad state of affairs when the ABC ninjas are as big a hazard for a regular guy as street punks...maybe worse.
I see up until recently “ghost guns” were still legal in NY but big brother fixed that for ya🤬

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a feeling producing something like that might get me a room in the big house here in NY!
Well of course you'd have to follow state laws. Places like CA, IL, NY, NJ, this would be illegal due to the stock and grip, which is insane. By their definition, this is a super deadly "assault weapon". I swear, I don't get how completely moronic some of these people are. In free states, this is no problem as it's just a part and not a firearm.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Thats awesome. What 3d cad do you use? I got my start in solid works and use TEKLA for work.

How much for a printed stock?

Reactions: maring18

·
Registered
874 Posts
That is pretty nice looking!

·
GUNZILLA
6,443 Posts
I want one, great work!

Reactions: PumpThumper

·
Super Moderator
26,855 Posts
I don't own a Savage rifle, but I'd buy one if I had one of those chassis'.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I call the chassis "Apache" I was bored and decided to put my CAD modeling skills to the test. Pushed myself to the limit modeling this, but I think it turned out good. I designed this to fit on a printer with a max Z height of 300mm and it just barely fits. The forend dovetails into place and can be fused to the main body with Weldon #3 to permanently attach it. The rail section also dovetails into place and can be secured with some allen screws. If a rail isn't desired, I made a filler piece that can be used. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is, I couldn't get a beaver tail grip to work. The trigger and stock geometry wouldn't allow for it. Here is the current print I did. Had to make some minor tweaks to the model to clearance the dovetails as they are far too tight. New print is in PETG and will be done day after tomorrow. The file will be available for sale for around $10 -$15 once everything is completed and tested.

Fixed and collapsible buffer tubes can be used. With a magpul MOE stock LOP is 10.5"-13.75". Let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 241058
View attachment 241059

View attachment 241060

View attachment 241061

Here are the CAD drawings

View attachment 241062 View attachment 241063 View attachment 241064 View attachment 241065
Any thoughts on when you might be ready to sell? Seems as though there's at least some interest here. I also know some other folks who would probably be interested. I'd like 2 make 2. One for my MKII and one for my 93R17 which is the same chassis.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
That’s if they didn’t shoot ya after waking you up from a sound sleep. Busting your door down with a no knock warrant charging in all ninja. Cannot be to carful in dealing with “militant gun owners”🤨 Sad state of affairs when the ABC ninjas are as big a hazard for a regular guy as street punks...maybe worse.
I see up until recently “ghost guns” were still legal in NY but big brother fixed that for ya🤬
This chassis isn't a ghost gun, the reciever is made by Savage, it has a serial number and it required a 4473 to buy it. Unfortunately it has "features" like a shoulder thing that goes up and perhaps it can fire 30 round clips per second. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts