The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am happy to say, the chassis itself is ready to go! This is my first time seeing it all put together and it made me giddy.

Currently redoing the scope base as the mounting holes are off and I'm closing up the arch a little more as it's way too open at the moment.

The stock is the biggest thing left. I have made a version of the stock that directly threads into the chassis and secures with a castle nut as well as the pic mount system. The direct thread will be a good bit stronger. Also lengthened the stock some more and added 2 bolts to the riser to give it more rigidity as currently it's just the 1 thread supporting the shooters head. The bolts should make it a great deal stronger. We are getting close!!

Wood Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I call the chassis "Apache" I was bored and decided to put my CAD modeling skills to the test. Pushed myself to the limit modeling this, but I think it turned out good. I designed this to fit on a printer with a max Z height of 300mm and it just barely fits. The forend dovetails into place and can be fused to the main body with Weldon #3 to permanently attach it. The rail section also dovetails into place and can be secured with some allen screws. If a rail isn't desired, I made a filler piece that can be used. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is, I couldn't get a beaver tail grip to work. The trigger and stock geometry wouldn't allow for it. Here is the current print I did. Had to make some minor tweaks to the model to clearance the dovetails as they are far too tight. New print is in PETG and will be done day after tomorrow. The file will be available for sale for around $10 -$15 once everything is completed and tested.

Fixed and collapsible buffer tubes can be used. With a magpul MOE stock LOP is 10.5"-13.75". Let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 241058
View attachment 241059

View attachment 241060

View attachment 241061

Here are the CAD drawings

View attachment 241062 View attachment 241063 View attachment 241064 View attachment 241065
Excellent design and execution. What is the base material? How many hours did this take to print the stock?

Larry

·
Registered
333 Posts
What printer are you using, I have an anycubic chiron, and have made a couple "gun things" but never something that goes on the gun itself. Pretty cool. What cad program did you use?

I am a REAL noob at this stuff, and have made things in tinkercad, but it is all simple stuff. Made a bunch of boxes for my load development.

I think I have pics on my phone but gave my cable away yesterday.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts