I don't have a C&R license but...........

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/1/03 2:33:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All I don't have a C&R license but...........
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't have a C&R license but I would like to order from SOG or AIM. Are there people with dealers license I could use to order from some of these companies? How would I locate such a person? I would think that a gun shop would not want to handle such an order.

procrastinator43
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/1/03 7:40:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I don't have a C&R license but...........
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gun shops are in business to make money. Around me they charge about $25 to do the paperwork.

Next, go to the auctions sites and look for the item "find an FFL Dealer". They are listed by state.

Or , try the following site.
    www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/

Edited by: procrastinator43 at: 3/1/03 7:42:12 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/1/03 9:30:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: I don't have a C&R license but...........
    The gunshop I go to gets 10%. So if you order a $200.00 gun he get $20. That is to order a gun.

For a auction FFL transfer he gets $10 the pawn shop in town gets $10 also.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/3/03 9:37:35 am)
    Most gunshops or pawnshops will gladly do the transfer for a fee. $10 sounds really good to me. The single gunshop in my town charged me an arm and a leg to do a handgun transfer from Centerfire Systems (for a pistol I bought that wasn't C&R).

I'd say just call around and see who has the best rates. You may have to wait a few days for them to send their FFL to AIM or SOG if they don't already have it on file, but it's worth the wait to save some money.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/4/03 8:36:28 am)
    i have seen gun shops that charge as much as 50.00 to do a transfer , why pay them a dime ,when your c&r only cost 30.00 , and you can have them shipped to your door

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/4/03 10:32:00 am)
    I agree the C&R will save you money, probably even on the first purchase. But for someone who only wants to buy one or two guns with it and will never use it again, it seems like a waste.

Remember, you have to maintain the bound book for something like 25 years after your license expires. Plus, you are subject to BATF inspections during your licensure period, even though they are very rare. If I were "Joe gun buyer" and only wanted a couple of C&R firearms, I don't think I would spring for the C&R license with all the legal strings attached.

If you think you will continue to buy C&R firearms in the future, it is a very handy tool to have, and will save you time and money and frustration.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!