I feel that this needs to be said...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Apr 7, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Recent events have made me realize something... I am glad that TFF is still here! Our friend Tac who passed away not to long ago was the one who started TFF and kept it going along with many of the current staff who put years into keeping this place running and kept it a decent enough place to be worth being a part of....
    When Tac passed on....if it hadn't been for Sam and Marlin and Southernmoss and Pops and a few others... if it had not been for their efforts TFF would have gone with Tac and would no longer be arround.
    I think that would have been a great loss!!!!!

Many of y'all do not know what goes into starting and running a forum. The software alone runs anywhere from $350 to $500...and then ya gotta find a host to host the website... that runs another $100++ a month... then you need a group of people willing to keep down the fights, foul language and other objectionable material. That group of people spend alot of their time keeping things clean... they do this even when they don't want to because they made a promise that they would. You and i can take a day off from posting if we feel like it...but they don't have that option. They made a promise and they keep it by watching for spam and fights and all kinds of junk on a daily basis. AND hardly anybody ever thanks them for it either...
    Nor do most offer assistance in helping to finance the forum either.

So with that being said...i would like to say this to ALL of you who keep our forum up and running AND financed.....

THANK YOU!!!!

mike
    gn

2. artabr

artabr New Member

Well said sir!!
    I'd like to add my thanks also. There ain't no better site out there!

Art

3. ilovenxstage

ilovenxstage New Member

I haven't been on TFF very long, and I don't post that much, but I also say thanks to those who keep this forum going. Most of my family and friends are not too keen on guns, and at this time I'm not in a gun club (I'm hoping to change that soon), so I'm glad I can come to this site and learn more about shooting. I'm also glad to have a site to go to where most people share my political and religious beliefs. That's getting hard to find as well. So again, thanks for keeping this site going.

4. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Thank you as well.

5. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

+1 goes for me too!!!

6. dge479

dge479 New Member

Well aid and thanks from here too. its a good forum

7. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Yes a big thanks are in order! :D

As well as a congratulations, I know coders who can't keep their forums running as flawlessly with as little downtime as TFF!

I sure hope you aren't paying that for anything Mike!!! I pay $4 a month for my hosting and many PHP based forums are free, vBulletin however is not. (Not to detract from the effort all our admins are putting out)

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Thanks, it's nice to have a family friendly forum I can recommend to my
    children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I love this forum.

9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Dittos to what you all have said. This truly is a great site and my thanks to those who keep it that way.

10. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

11. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

No, that was years ago...
    A forum of this size does not come free. If you want reliable hosting...it does indeed cost that much!

mike
    gn

12. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

Thank You! Good place to be... good people to meet.

13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

You are the guys who make all this enjoyable, rather than a job. So, while thanks is going around, I'd like to add mine.

THANK YOU to all the good folks who make up the membership. Your input is as valuable as ours.

Pops

14. 38 special

38 special New Member

15. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

So, after looking through vBulletin's website, you guys go with the 12month phone support and the 1yr lease license? (https://www.vbulletin.com/order/)

I also thank the people who work on this site, bringing a whole slew of good people to one site. From new to old and to those who have passed, thanks.