I finally found it.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ms6852, Mar 25, 2020.

1. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

With all this time in my hands because of the worldwide panic and Marshal Law in San Antonio
    (kinda) I decided to clean my workout/reloading/fishhing room and found my 642 I had misplaced a couple of years ago. It was in its case. Forgot I had sent it to SW because I was fiddling with it and could not put the trigger lever back in.

I see the writings on the wall already pretty soon I won't remember my password to log in here. This is the little thingamajig that I could not put pack in place.
    [​IMG]

howlnmad, Pete MacMahon and tuckerd1 like this.
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's the Trigger lever alright.:)
    Kind of need it in the gun for it to work.;)
    It (The fat end) fits into the back of the trigger.
    Mike

kpic, ms6852 and flyingtiger85 like this.

3. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

I don't see how you guys do it. For me it was very difficult and just could not get the proper alignment. In all honesty I will blame my cataract for that as I already had it but still, is their a special tool your profession uses?

joe45c likes this.
  4. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It can be a PIA to do but no there is no special tool for doing it.
    Except maybe patients. (And a few curse words).
    Mike

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Shooter45, Kweeksdraw and ms6852 like this.
  5. Pete MacMahon

Pete MacMahon New Member

OMG that is too funny! I've done allot of dumb things, but I've never miss-placed a firearm :)

There was that WWII Japanese bayonet that I "lost" for about 8 years and then found behind the cushion in an old, rarely used hard rifle case. It had been there since a previous move.

Unfortunately, the other stuff my dad brought home from the war was all lost in a house fire in 1970. That included a Japanese telescope, a flag, and an officers cap. As his story goes, the guns went over the side of his Merchant Marine vessel, as he was told they would not be allowed in and he was hell bent for getting off that ship. They are in NY harbor if anyone wants to go looking :)

joe45c and ms6852 like this.
  6. Barnham

Barnham New Member

Pete, if you've never misplaced a gun, then you simply don't have enough guns. o_O

I woke up one day and thought I'd take out a Model 66 2" that I remembered I hadn't fired for quite a while.
    I couldn't find it anywhere, and to keep a long story short, I never could find it and finally convinced myself that I probably sold it to my older brother at some point.
    I never did check with my brother (lost touch geographically), but about 3 years later, I found that revolver at the bottom of a box where I keep spare scopes for my Contenders.

So yea, it happens. :)

ScrapMetal, joe45c and ral357 like this.