The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Premium Member
On my henry i put one of those Marbles Bullseye sights on it. It replaces the rear sight.. On the front i put a Hiviz sight. Kind of wish i would have not got the Magnum. Think i would shoot it more. Anybody want to trade?;)
Darn Joe, I have the H001T in LR and wish I had the 22 Mag. 馃 Between my Win 1906 and Browning Trombone I have enough LR鈥檚 and I enjoy the added oomf if the WMR. Also be nice having a rifle to match looks wise with my Single Six.

Premium Member
Darn Joe, I have the H001T in LR and wish I had the 22 Mag. 馃 Between my Win 1906 and Browning Trombone I have enough LR鈥檚 and I enjoy the added oomf if the WMR. Also be nice having a rifle to match looks wise with my Single Six.
Yea it does light up my steel targets at the range. I bought it to use on coyotes during the winter. Sometimes i climb up in my deer stand to pop off annoying red squirrels that bother me during deer season and every once in a while i see a coyote come by, so i figured the .22 mag might put more of a dent in them than a ,22 LR. Anyway the times i have taken it out i haven't got a chance at one. Don't even know if it would knock one down. Shots would be around 20 to 40 yds. If i ever traded it i'd only do it for another goldenboy in LR.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I stopped to pick up another dovetail scope ring set today on the way to a band competition out of town. To my surprise, they're a little different height than the other sets I had and they work. That's another thing about these dovetail rings; I can't find ANY of them that state their centerline height on the packages. :rolleyes: I guess my dovetail to picatinny adapter will get used somewhere else. I still don't have the hammer "expander" in hand yet, but I don't need it. I might try to shoot a little later in the day and see how accurate it's printing. I shot it with open sights at 25 yards earlier in the day and it was shooting great for my poor off-handed shooting.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, here are the preliminary results. I used some ammo that I've had forever, but have never used. I bought 500 of them probably 10 years ago and haven't touched them. Pricey stuff, but I'm not sure how good it is... :unsure:

Air gun Bicycle handlebar Trigger Recreation Gun barrel

Amber Publication Rectangle Packaging and labeling Carton

I truly don't understand this 50 yard 5-shot group. It might have been me, but I don't know. 3 of them are touching, so... I ran out of time before having to go help my mom look for her a new clothes dryer, so these were my final 5 at 50 yards.
Wood Flooring Circle Spiral Pattern

The sticky target fell on the last shot that was high. It would be a dang odd coincidence, but I wonder if I might could have nicked the top corner as it was falling. Probably not, but still... I believe this to be ammo velocity inconsistency, but it could have just been me. 3 shots were within 0.28" of each other center-to-center. Maybe I can improve with more shooting and different ammo. I have some Eley Club coming in tomorrow. Maybe I'll try it.
Calipers Audio equipment Communication Device Gadget Font

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I shot some Eley Club rounds and the group was still wild. Two were touching, but 3 were all around. The group was 1.27", or 1.05" center-to-center. After looking at a couple of rounds that I chambered, but didn't fire, I think it's the feed ramp or lifter causing damage to the nose of the rounds. It's scraping the nose of some of them and I think that's generating the flyers. I might take it apart and see if some surfaces can be smoothed up and polished a bit. I did mention that I can't leave anything alone, right?

Calipers Gauge Wood Measuring instrument Circuit component

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I got brave and took it apart tonight to polish up the lifter and feed ramp area. I didn't do a great polishing job, but I slicked it up a bit. I fired 5 rounds through it into my backstop after dark, so I don't know anything about accuracy yet. It cycled perfectly though.

Before...
Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Font Metal

After...
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Electric blue

Pardon the pictures... Cell phone...
The front of the feed ramp is where it looks to have been a bit rough. I think I might have smoothed it out a bit. Time will tell.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You have more guts than I do.
Or, I'm just a little stupid. One or the other... :ROFLMAO:

I also just cycled 5 rounds through without firing them, inspecting them before and after. I saw none of the nick marks that I was seeing while shooting the other day. Maybe I got it smoothed out?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts