RRP:$7,159.99
Your Price:$5,341.98
(You save $1,818.01)

SKU:FEDEXM855BAR
Vendor:
Brand:Federal Cartridge
Condition:New
Weight:400.00 LBS

the place is called Sublimehunting.com they also have boatloads of 22lr and really about anything.

someone tell me whats wrong with this place

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it appears they also have plenty of bullets for reloading. i have so much ordered now that gets backordered as soon as i hit the place order button thats its stupid. there has got to be something wrong with this picture.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Ok, I tried to order a case of 223 from these people and you get to checkout and it fails. I dont get it.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dang, i knew it was too good to be true. they wanted 142 to ship me one box of 500 bullets and 10 boxes of 100 per box of cci 22 ammo. so much for good deals.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Well, first I tried ordering 500 rounds of 223 and the shipping came up 324.00. I said, what the heck? I canceled that and tried ordering 1000 rounds of federal 223 and the shipping was 12.99. Thats more like it. BUT, you get to check out and put your info in and it will not go thru. The site advertises the pay pal option as well but you only have the option of paying with a credit card at check out. I sent them an email asking them what is up and do they really have ammo in stock or not....hopefully they will respond.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I just went over there and ordered 5 boxes of the Federal bulk 550 rd boxes. $104, total. Got to shipping, and they wanted $80. This site is a scam!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, 52 bucks to ship 4 boxes of 22lr. I'm not sure if theres a hazmat fee with shipping ammo or not like there is for primers....anyone know if there is or not?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't think loaded ammo ships hazmat. Im almost positive that loaded ammo or primed brass ships ORM-D (Other Regulated Materials-Domestic, "Surface Only").

Primers sold stand alone and powder (black or smokeless) must be shipped HazMat.

Its a DOT (department of transportation) thing. DOT loves to bust people and are known for excesive fines.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Like I said, even though I got the shipping to 12.99, it wont allow you to check out.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Well my friends, I would keep a very close eye on your CC acounts for awhile.
This all sounds real fishy.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The only place I have found prices that I'm satisfied with is Shooters Pro, charge 12 bucks shipping if I buy 1 box of bullets or 100 boxes. In the last year, I have bought at least 5000 seconds & over runs from them; they all shoot the same for me, hunting. Best part is the price; check them out and sign in if you haven't already. Sometimes, they are outta everything, then nx week they have more available than I have money to spend.

Anybody aware of any better prices for Barnes, Hornady, Sierra, ect than you find on sale with any of the mail order places?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well my friends, I would keep a very close eye on your CC acounts for awhile.
This all sounds real fishy.
I have the same thought. If it sounds too good to be true... I tried to buy 4 boxes of Federal .22 LR, shipping was $51, but after putting in all the info it would not complete.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone been able to get an order accepted on this site?
I quite trying. If a site doesn't have a direct contact number its always a crap shoot. Ive had a bank account "pinged" twice and its no fun! I might send them an email to see why shipping is o expensive.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I goolged sublimehunting.com and found the web site is only 81 days old. Its owners identity is being concealed by using a proxy. There is no information on their location and the BBB has no information on them. Whois has no information on the true owners or the location of the business.

It could be a scam or a new business with start-up problems. But I am watching credit cards carefully since I gave them the number and expiration date as well as my billing address.

Here is just one of several sites warning that this may be a scam: http://www.scamadviser.com/is-sublimehunting.com-safe.html

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for digging into it! IMO not worth the risks. Hopefully they get back to me and if they do i'll be sure to respond. Greta to see somewhat normal prices but also makes me leery.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Yea, I am going to contact my credit union in the morning and give them heads up just in case. I sent the site an email too and we will see if anyone responds. Its possible they are legit and there is an issue. But, there are scammers out there everywhere so hopefully thats not the case...

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I am thinking that its possible they just dont have the ammo in stock (like everyone else) and therefore the system wont allow the purchase to go thru. Hopefully thats all it is. Its a pretty elaborate setup to be a scam, but worse things have happened....

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Talked to my credit union about the transaction attempts I made on this website and they show no attempt being made. I still have not heard back from them either. Will continue to monitor....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts