·
Registered
920 Posts
In your 44 you might have to do extra heavy crimping on those ELD-Xs. 😲
Just sayin'.

·
Super Moderator
26,907 Posts
Most folks thatmare claiming that they can't find powder are the ones that are set in their ways and don't want to try new things. If you're willing to do a little load testing, there are powders out there that some wouldn't think about. The powder that I just received, I got from Grafs. It's not your commonly found powders, it's Vectan and performs quite well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
A few years ago my primer stash was slightly squandered by a Grandson and his friends. I found a box or two of 100s out in the yard. I think they were popping them with a hammer. I wasn't happy then and said at the time all that could be said. Kids. What can you say? I remember playing with some of Dad's powder back when I was a kid.

That 296 and those 180 xtps worked for me many years ago. A doe across a clearing about 115 yards away. My gunsmith also made a long shot that year with his .44 at 200 yards using Sierra 180s. You may have seen him on the history channel doing some trick shots, Badlands Bill Oglesby. I loved hanging around his shop in the 80s and 90s. You never knew what he might show you or let you shoot. Great times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts