1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Premium Member
9,869 Posts
Yikes! You make me glad I don’t shoot an AR often. My regular rifles I take to the range are single shots or bolt actions which dramatically slows down the rate of consumption. If i shoot 50 rounds I’ve had a busy day.

·
Registered
462 Posts
MY LGS had 1000-ct bricks of primers on sale for $99.99 each. Large Rifle, Large Pistol, or Small Pistol. There were 5 bricks of the first 2, and 4 bricks of the latter. I think I sat there and stared at them, doing the numbers in my head, for at least 10 minutes, before I walked away. Each one woulda been $106.24 out the door. I prolly shoulda grabbed ONE, but that's just too flaming much to pay for primers, especially when I'm sitting on twice that many at home.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good find today at any price! You either have primers or dont.

The cci packaging looks different than what they usually come in (last few years anyway). Is there a date on the box anywhere?

I was wondering if it may be older stock that is being let go, new stock just produced, or possibly import. New would be a good sign of things to come.

Being a pawn shop they may have been bought off someone for a few $ and just sold at market price.

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
On sale for $99.99? That's hilarious when they should be under $35 regular price.
I absolutely agree but even so I recently paid $100 for 1K small rifle primers. I hate it but my AR goes through a lot of rounds in a hurry. I have quite a bit of .223/5.56 reloads in stock but I still have a lot of brass that needs loading.The only way I could load them now was to overpay for the primers. I hope the prices and availability will eventually get better but I don't see it happening anywhere close to being in the near future.

·
Registered
587 Posts
After reading this thread I looked at that ammo search bot and they have CCI 350 and 550 primers at $250/1,000. Who knows where these prices will cap, but at this rate the OP's 0.11 per primer is looking better. Makes me happy I'm ok on primers/powder for the next few years.

·
Premium Member
9,869 Posts
At this rate, I may sell a brick or two from my stock and by myself a guided hunting trip.

·
Super Moderator
39,887 Posts
I have been thinking of sticking a couple of boxes on one the auction sites and buy a new gun with the proceeds.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Stopped at a 07/FFL in Dothan,the lady bought a 1k box of LRM for her long range customers-she paid 100$ and is selling for 12$ a 100,she had plenty powder,brass,bullets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts