I had to laugh...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 1:17:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit I had to laugh...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since my stepdaughter went away to college, I've been trying to convince the wife to let me convert her room to my hobby room (i.e. my gun/militaria room). I keep telling her that we have another spare bedroom that her daughter can use when she comes home, which is a rare occasion. She's been against the idea up until yesterday.

I came home from work, and found that she had done a lot of rearranging in there. I had several guns leaning in the closet, and some lying on the bed (still soaked in cosmoline) on top of cardboard. My ATF regs and gun magazines/catalogs were strewn on the floor, and various tools were laying about. Well, she had cleaned most of her daughter's stuff out of there and had put up my Russian propaganda posters. She neatly arranged my books and magazines on the dresser and posted my Texas State Rifle Association membership paper on the wall, among other things (like my C&R FFL). She put all my WWII medals/insignias in a cute little shadow box and hung it on the wall. In one corner of the room, she had draped an old OD green net from the wall, which draped onto a side-table. On top of that was a military ammo box, grenade adapter, hi-cap mag, and other various military things, artistically arranged. She calls it "combat corner".

I love my wife to death, and it really surprised me that she made that gesture. It was actually kinda funny, seeing how a woman decorates a room with military stuff. What do you guys think: is letting your wife decorate your war room a good idea or bad idea?

Now I just need to convince her to let me paint the walls Olive Drab.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 1:23:38 pm)
    Re: I had to laugh...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She sounds like a keeper. Probably the only gun room around where the ammo boxes are set on doileys

Send her my way to do some decorating around here.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 1:27:19 pm)
    She sounds really cool!.

My wife will decorate with anything. Give her the chance and before you know it you have a workbench with flair and a "study" (her term) that contains Vargas/Moran pinups, a cool old Raphael oleo print, and a full color CZ poster. I even have silk flowers next to my CLP!

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 2:36:08 pm)
    Reply Re: I had to laugh...
    Heck, I wouldn't want the wife getting that familiar with my stuff - she might then start realizing how much I have!

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 2:47:26 pm)
    You guys are crazy letting the little woman know your stuff too well, I'm with Bob on this one.

Gunroom...verbotten.

GG

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 3:33:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit Re: I had to laugh...
    Hey, I'm still working on getting her interested in guns and shooting.

She knows enough to complain about the mismatched numbers on my latest purchase.

(in my best wife-mocking voice) "I don't know why you would want to collect something that isn't all original parts."
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/03 10:44:13 am)
    My other half is kept in the dark to the point that each time I manage to sneak in a newbie .....

She thinks its one that I've had in my collection all that time .....

Sure hope she ain't lurkin' in here .....

Six

MTaylor
    (1/22/03 10:51:29 am)
    Heck, it was my other half that got me into firearms. The little from my dad wasn't enough to 'stick' years ago.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/22/03 11:53:32 am)

Brotha's & Sista's

PRAISE the LAWD!

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/23/03 1:02:00 am)
    You got a keeper alright. Setting it up the first time might be ok. But if she ever came in and cleaned up after that, I would NEVER be able to find anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.