The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Beretta 92fs american made version.

It came with a 10rd magazine.

Here is the model: J92F300

Now my question is, can I purchase a 15rd double stack magazine for it, or will it only accept single stack mags?

·
Super Moderator
44,077 Posts
Welcome to TFF, your question is in the wrong forum, so I have moved it for you. I looked that model up on an Internet search and it shows a 10+1 capacity, but if it is a standard 92FS, I would think the double stack would fit. I guess what I am saying is I DON'T KNOW!!

·
Super Moderator
44,077 Posts
Silly question - how big is the "magazine well" in your pistol? Better yet, take a picture of it and post it here.

We have a bunch of sub-forums and the General Forum, which your post was in, is for non gun related stuff!

·
Banned
1,998 Posts
Here in Maryland we are safer then most people because we can only have 10 round magazines and only the police can protect us. Just look at Baltimore to see how good this works! However we can cross state lines and buy high capacity magazines if we want them. And yes 15 round magazines will fit your gun just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it. Also, what's the highest capacity magazine without the magazine extending past the grip?

Why do they come with the 10rd mags if they accept the 15rd mags? Is it for legality purposes?

·
Super Moderator
44,077 Posts
I think the 15 round is about the longest one you will find that doesn't extend past the mag well. I once had a 30 round 92F magazine, when I had my Beretta CX4 Storm. They don't seem to be available on CDNN's website, which is where I bought it.

They were probably designed to be sold in California and in other states and Cities where 15 rounds are illegal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great I just received the 15 round mag in the mail yesterday and it works perfectly. They also just purchased a 20 round magazine and I'm excited to see what it looks like and how it fits. I will post back with a picture once I receive it. Again thanks everyone for their help and I really do appreciate it.

I know this isn't pertaining to this specific gun but I tried the magazine in my Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 and it also fit. Of course it extended quite a bit but I was surprised to see that it fit and functioned. I will also try out the 20 round magazine when I receive it in the mail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
RamLine made steel magazines that I bought back in the '90s that were sold as 15 rounds, but easily held 17.
Those are the most that I know of that don't extend past the grip.
I thought I wouldn't like the magazines that would extend past the grip but the specific one ordered fits flush and looks nice.

Kdd702 what state are you in?.
Mike
I live in Georgia and luckily not that many things are illegal.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Years ago I bought some magazines for one of my more obscure compact autos that is nearly impossible to find mags for. These had an extra one or two round capacity, and extend the grip with a plastic block around the bottom.
I flipping hate them. :mad:
It messed with the feel of the gun so bad that they got tossed in a drawer never to be used.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts