The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
330 Posts
Does it have a model number anywhere?

My guess is that it is 9x18 Makarov, because other pictures I have seen say "9mm Parabellum", "9x19", or ."380", You can tell easy enough if it's .380 from the magazine size. Otherwise, to be sure, take it to a smith for measurements.

· Registered
587 Posts
Need more pictures of actual gun . Both sides of frame please and the chamber end of barrel as seen thru ejection port , not just stock photos of gun off internet . Field strip and do a plunk test of a 9 x19 round . Betting it does not fit flush in chamber . Outside chance it is 380 but if so barrel will be marked on chamber end .

· Registered
18,453 Posts
There's no way it's a 9x19. That cartridge is too powerful for the gun. No one would make that gun in that chambering.

But his question was whether the gun was chambered in 9x18 or 9x17. 9x19 was never mentioned. Until your plunk test comment.

· Banned
330 Posts
Oh ok is there a reason my Hungarian FEG does not say pa 63 like some of the other Pa63
Is that picture of your firearm, or just an internet pic? Can you provide other pictures? Take the grips off; see if there is anything marked under them. Look at the other side of the slide.

As others have pointed out, the picture says "Makarov" which is 9x18. A 9x18, therefore, should pass the "plunk test". https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/reloading-tips-the-plunk-test/99389

1 - 10 of 10 Posts