The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i believe this is a sporterized arisaka but i am not sure. who can tell me exactly what it is and about how much it is worth. u can email me at [email protected] or even txt me at 870-897-6642 any help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
7.7 Arisaka is a Type 99. In sporterized condition, not worth much. $150. tops. If you want to know info such as Arsenal etc. Post pics of markings on left side receiver.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
i agree.. someone practically ruined it sawing on the furniture.

It's worth what it is as a bbld action.

i think 150$ may be very optimistic.

I think 100$ might be more inline with collectro value.. but you never know.

if you have a guy with a set of furniture and a rusted up action.. you just might get that extra little premium.

double check someone didn't do a buba reamer job on it and make a 30-06 or something..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it hasnt been tapped for a scope. it still shoots the 7.7 very accurately at 100 yards. thank you all for your help. i found a website to help me identify the marks around the serial number. i am not looking to restore it. i was looking to sale/trade it. i have someone interested in it. prolly gonna get a nice climbing stand and a trail cam for it. and on a personal note i do agree that no gun should be cut down like that. leave it original.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
odd that they turned the bolt and didn't have a scope.

in any event.. if you are getting a stand and camera for it.. I'd say that's a quite fair deal for a partially sporterized barreled action in an obsolete caliber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think so. it was my uncle's he killed quite a few deer with it. im sure he got it the way it is now. im sure he didnt do this to the rifle. its a fun gun to shoot but i dont have a need for it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It's a shame--the mum is still intact, which would have added to collector interest had it not been butchered. Still, a very accurate gun.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
if one could find the bbl bands and all the furniture from a scrap gun.. it would jump in value.. the only hitch being the bolt.. that might be able to be straightened without cosmetic damage.. or if the gun is not matching.. sub in a good bolt.. etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts