The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a psa ar 10 MOE EPT SBA4. My ? Is what upper do i put with it? Is it a pistol? Or a rifle? I am getting into building ar platform rifles. And wanted a 10 to go with my 15 grendel.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
A SBA4 is a brace so if the lower was assembled with it-it was sold as a pistol..You can put a AR10 upper as a pistol or you can take off SBA4 and covert it into a rifle with stock and 16" barrel-but then you can't "legally" convert it back......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what im gathering is i can convert it to a rifle but cant go back to a pistol? Even tho all parts for this style rifle are almost completely interchange? It sounds like a dumb question. But i have a lower with no mate so i wanna make sure im ok

·
Registered
965 Posts
Most of the ATF decisions seem dumb but they make (and arbitrarily change) the rules. I would think twice before making a 308 pistol and build it as a rifle ( requires rifle buffer tube, spring , buffer and stock) As a pistol in this caliber can be brutal and has limited uses, the rifle is much more versatile.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you bought an AR-10 Lower from PSA, the PSA AR-10’s are likely proprietary to PSA. AR10’s are not built to Milspec, so it’s best to stick with the same MFG, when it comes to lower and upper receivers.

·
Administrator
11,969 Posts
If you bought an AR-10 Lower from PSA, the PSA AR-10’s are likely proprietary to PSA. AR10’s are not built to Milspec, so it’s best to stick with the same MFG, when it comes to lower and upper receivers.
Yep. I built an LR308 early this year. The lower and upper receivers came together. Then I added a barrel and all the other parts to match the upper and lower. AR10 and LR308 parts aren't usually compatible.

·
Registered
965 Posts
PSA AR 10 is comparable
with DPMS I am told, my 308 is DPMS and would be used for more pig hunts except it is really heavy with night vision and I am no longer young. A standard AR in 300 Blackout or 6.5 Grendel accounts for many of my pigs..this was this AM with a Ruger Ranch 6,5 Grendel:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts