The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son visited this weekend and we have decided what to do with the Rusty 1911 Norinco.

We will send it to @goofy for cleanup/cerakote finish. But, first I have a couple of things to do and buy. We are going to do a little custom work to it.

I want to replace the sights with some combat sights. I have a couple of sets in my spare parts drawer, but they hang over the rear of the slide too much. The rear sight dovetail is cut closer to the rear of the slide than all the other 1911s I have. The sights I have will hang over the rear of the silde a considerable amount. See pic below.

Are there combat sights available that will fit in this dovetail without hanging over the rear of slide? Is the Norinco mil spec and all the others are modified mil spec?

Compare that to my SA, Kimber, Colt and RIA 1911s. All of these have the dovetail cut closer to the front of the slide.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
My son visited this weekend and we have decided what to do with the Rusty 1911 Norinco.

We will send it to @goofy for cleanup/cerakote finish. But, first I have a couple of things to do and buy. We are going to do a little custom work to it.

I want to replace the sights with some combat sights. I have a couple of sets in my spare parts drawer, but they hang over the rear of the slide too much. The rear sight dovetail is cut closer to the rear of the slide than all the other 1911s I have. The sights I have will hang over the rear of the silde a considerable amount. See pic below.

Are there combat sights available that will fit in this dovetail without hanging over the rear of slide? Is the Norinco mil spec and all the others are modified mil spec?

View attachment 253026

Compare that to my SA, Kimber, Colt and RIA 1911s. All of these have the dovetail cut closer to the front of the slide.
View attachment 253023
If that’s a wine rack I see in the background your about to be running on empty! Ha ha.

·
Premium Member
19,317 Posts
The good news looking at your pic is if you send it to mike to work on for a while is you won't be cutting yourself short of not having any backups.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts