The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First does anybody know how to remove the barrel from this gun. Secondly does anybody know when they were actually built. Ive heard in the 1890s and ive heard 1915 and now i hear they built them in 1901. I found a rusty gun in the barn and got curious and cleaned it up and it has hopkins and allen arms company norwich conn usa on the barrel and 922 on it as well as well as the number 45621 and i cant find out what this number is. Anyways its an interesting project the shell extractor came off and i cant put it in unless i can figure out how to take the barrel off. Any help or info on this gun would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,581 Posts
You do not need to remove the barrel to replace the extractor on a 922.
Just remove the extractor screw after removing the breach block and lift it out.
They were made from 1888-1915 I am not sure if there is a S/N listing to lock down a exsact date.
Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hopkins and allen junior 922

can somebody show me how to breakdown a 922 jr hopkins and allen a youtube video would be awesome also can you blue a barrel with pits? Also how do you take the barrel off. thanks here are a few pics of my gun
Attached Images

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hopkins and allen junior 922 help

can somebody show me how to breakdown a 922 jr hopkins and allen a youtube video would be awesome also can you blue a barrel with pits? Also how do you take the barrel off. thanks here are a few pics of my gun
Attached Images

Attachments

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
You can't properly blue the barrel. Home "cold bluing" kits don't work well at all, and even if they do it will wear quickly. Most cold bluing processes actually promote rusting. Oil your gun and leave it as it is. It's 100 years old.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
It appears to be a "takedown" designed rifle. Unscrewing the ringed head screw in the bottom forward part of the receiver should free the barrel for removal. Just pull it out of the receiver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I got the barrel off but it took a lot of strength as it hasnt been off in a really long time. A buddy of mine said if im not going to blue the rifle that i should wrap a tee shirt around the barrel soaked in CLR to remove any rust down in the pits for about a week and then lube it in oil and put it away what do you think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts