The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what gun these stocks go to. I would appreciate any comments to what they are for.......

P

·
Premium Member
19,764 Posts
Maybe if we could see some of the butt plates of the ones that have them it might help.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I think that top one in the first photo is a Savage Stevens Model 887 tube fed .22 LR stock. The drop in the stock in front of the trigger guard indicates that it's likely a semi-auto. It doesn't have a magazine cutout, so it's likely tube fed. The top notch above the trigger guard I think is the safety position. The take down screw appears to be in about the right position and the black staining at the rear of the receiver channel wreaks of nasty .22 rimfire debris. I could be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
29,022 Posts
The one that has been bedded almost looks like a Remington ADL style stock.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the same thing as far as the remington ADL but the "buttstock" is different from the others ive seen. It drops significantly more down and the grip/butt junction is thinner than other ADL types.....i guess i wanted other opinions on it......i appreciate the comments.....Sam

·
Premium Member
19,764 Posts
trapperman how did you come by so many stocks without the hardware in them?

·
Super Moderator
29,022 Posts
I thought the same thing as far as the remington ADL but the "buttstock" is different from the others ive seen. It drops significantly more down and the grip/butt junction is thinner than other ADL types.....i guess i wanted other opinions on it......i appreciate the comments.....Sam
It's definitely not a factory ADL stock, but sure looks like the action would fit in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dads uncle (my dad is 72) died and collected gun/military stuff......rediculous amount.....he worked on guns, sporterized military guns, built guns ect.....anyway when he died we ended up with this stuff....and u couldnt believe the amount we/I have. I dont know where to start. I know there is some value but not sure what alot of it is........Sam

·
Premium Member
19,764 Posts
I dont know where to start. I know there is some value but not sure what alot of it is........Sam
With the way things are now anything Fire arm related has value. Post up items you don't know anything about. I'm sure members on here will be able to give you some help. My wife and son are going to have the same problem with my stuff when i bite the dust trying to figure out what it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts