The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
preface. I like zombie-esque stuff.. but I like practicality too.

I don;t want something that just has a green Z on it.. and it's otherwise just the same product with a higher price tag. :)

for instance. the eotech holo site witht he green biohazard reticle is nice. it just doesn't have a green Z on it.

I was at gander today and saw the kaspa zombie hunter scope. 250$ and a green Z on it.

really?

kinda like a green handled machette that costs more than an orange handled ones. both premium name.. but the green paint and rubber costs more. :)

now the green hogue grips.. they are usefull.. so I'll give them a pass. :)

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Was actually having a dream about zombies last night - it even woke me up. Realized when I woke up I hadn't been grabbing my shotgun in the dream. I think for zombies you need to blow their entire head off with the first shot.

What if it's a zombie horse? :eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was actually having a dream about zombies last night - it even woke me up. Realized when I woke up I hadn't been grabbing my shotgun in the dream. I think for zombies you need to blow their entire head off with the first shot.

What if it's a zombie horse? :eek:
That is when you take out your Scottish Claymore Sword and use it like it was meant to be used.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Zechariah 14:12
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
Zechariah 14:13
On that day they will be terrified, stricken by the LORD with great panic. They will fight their neighbors hand to hand.

·
Super Moderator
28,076 Posts
preface. I like zombie-esque stuff.. but I like practicality too.

I don;t want something that just has a green Z on it.. and it's otherwise just the same product with a higher price tag. :)

for instance. the eotech holo site witht he green biohazard reticle is nice. it just doesn't have a green Z on it.

I was at gander today and saw the kaspa zombie hunter scope. 250$ and a green Z on it.

really?

kinda like a green handled machette that costs more than an orange handled ones. both premium name.. but the green paint and rubber costs more. :)

now the green hogue grips.. they are usefull.. so I'll give them a pass. :)
Even Hornady has jumped on the zombie wagon. IE: their plastic ammo box with a Z on it and their ZombieMax ammo.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I like the zombie targets, but I think the rest is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know a guy who recently opened a little gun shop and he was talking this weekend about how people are ate up with this zombie crap. Had a guy coming in looking for the Hornady Zombie Max ammo. They told him they didn't have the Zombie Max but had the regular Critical Defense round which was the same thing but with the red tip instead of green. The guy wouldn't take the Critical Defense and instead asked them to special order six boxes of the Z-Max, paying the higher price just to get that green tip.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have to wonder: if the Zmax were used in a SD situation, would the judge even take it serious? Or would he/she (and everyone else involved) just treat you like a nutjob?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I tried to get Critical Defense for my .45 but all the store had was the Zombie stuff. Same thing so that's in one of the guns. When it's all you can get, you take it.

·
Super Moderator
41,388 Posts
I don't give a rats butt about the zombie crap - BUT - when reloading stuff was readily available, Hornady sold the Z-max bullets for a lot less that they sold the A-max or V-max. I bought a few 500 piece boxes of the 40 grain .224 bullets for just about half of what the others cost. It is the same bullet except it has a green tip instead of red!!

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't give a rats butt about the zombie crap - BUT - when reloading stuff was readily available, Hornady sold the Z-max bullets for a lot less that they sold the A-max or V-max. I bought a few 500 piece boxes of the 40 grain .224 bullets for just about half of what the others cost. It is the same bullet except it has a green tip instead of red!!
yep. when boxed ammo just started going scarce.. i had a hard time finding premium self defense ammo. one store still had zmax ammo.. and at LESS than retail price too. I was shocked. aske dhte store owner why.

he said people didn't know what it was.. thought it was fake or otherwise not good ammo even when explained it was crit-def with a green tip.

it was the only SD ammo i could find. had no problems using it.

green tipped ammo? z-targets? all fine by me. they are usefull.

items that are just called 'zombie, have a green Z on them, and then the price goes up 1.5 -2x? them ar ehte products i avoid..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts