The Firearms Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I stash between $50 to $100 bucks a side till I hit whatever I feel is a good amount. Then I start cruising pawn shops and LGS's. If nothing trips my trigger than I keep adding to the kitty.

Sooner than later I'll find my gem it could be a gun, knife or scope. That's the fun of looking for that item that you never know you wanted!

It works for me!

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Hey maybe someone can help me out.
I bought a thing that I think is a gunn it has a round part that is long with a hole down the middle and I think that is where the bullitt may go in but a bullit will not fit in the very end but this long thing that has a round knob on the end of a bent bar of it will not go back to try to put the bullit in the other end.. There is a kind of round but flat thing sticking out the bottem that moves back and forward (Not sure what that thing does) it has a flat metal ring like thing that surrounds it and there is a switch like thing on it that goes back and forth and it has a red dot under it.
What is it?.
It only cost $900 and looks old but the wood is scratched up with a couple of what looks like breaks in it but I can use elmers glue to fill them.
The man at the store said it was a 3,006 I tried looking it up but could not find one.
My brother gave me a bullit for it but it just fell down the end hole and is stuck there so I am going to use a metal rod and just hit it out with a hammer if I can get the hole open on the other side.
Can you help me out?.

·
Super Moderator
44,039 Posts
Hey maybe someone can help me out.
I bought a thing that I think is a gunn it has a round part that is long with a hole down the middle and I think that is where the bullitt may go in but a bullit will not fit in the very end but this long thing that has a round knob on the end of a bent bar of it will not go back to try to put the bullit in the other end.. There is a kind of round but flat thing sticking out the bottem that moves back and forward (Not sure what that thing does) it has a flat metal ring like thing that surrounds it and there is a switch like thing on it that goes back and forth and it has a red dot under it.
What is it?.
It only cost $900 and looks old but the wood is scratched up with a couple of what looks like breaks in it but I can use elmers glue to fill them.
The man at the store said it was a 3,006 I tried looking it up but could not find one.
My brother gave me a bullit for it but it just fell down the end hole and is stuck there so I am going to use a metal rod and just hit it out with a hammer if I can get the hole open on the other side.
Can you help me out?.
Sir, you are going to have to provide a picture of this apparatus.

·
Premium Member
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I love the ones where it reads

“I bought a gun that’s in excellent condition with T1895 on the side.” “ can you tell me what it’s worth and what ammo it shoots?”

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love the ones where it reads

“I bought a gun that’s in excellent condition with T1895 on the side.” “ can you tell me what it’s worth and what ammo it shoots?”
I have a beauty. I was a Federal Firearms Instructor for eighteen years, so I fielded a lot of questions from co-workers on guns, but this one took the cake. "How much is a .22 worth"

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
How many times have we been asked that question when someone purchases a gun and then comes to us to identify what they have and the caliber? I’m probably odd man out here but it always leaves my scratching my head a bit, wondering why anyone would buy something not knowing what it was. If you don’t know what it is then how in the heck do you know what to pay for it let alone if you can find ammunition or components? I suppose that’s why Vegas never made a dime off of me as I’m just not the gambling sort. Now if it’s a wall hanger or you’re the type that has the knowledge to make your own components/ammunition then sure, But if not? I just don’t get it but then there I go again, trying to make sense out of everything. Ugh, I drive myself nuts sometimes. 🙄
I might take a shot ( pun) on a C&R type rifle.. like if I see what is obviously an old mauser or mauser copy in military pattern and it has characters on it that look like chinese.. I might think hanyang or chiang kai shek and not know much more.... ( well.. if it was an 88 vs a newer I'd know a little.. ).. but it would still be a semi informed purchase amongst collectors. But yeah.. I agree.. some people say they want a gun.. and a dealer hands them something and runs their credit card.. and they have no clue past that

41 - 48 of 48 Posts