I Love the 1911 also

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

tuckerd1
    (4/4/01 5:06:21 pm)
    Reply I Love the 1911 Also
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm new here and to gun forums in general. Thought I would say hi.

I have couple of 1911's and did have e third that some stole. That gun was marked Model 1911 colt SN466235. What did I lose? I'm not as knowledgeable in this area as ya'll are.

Shooter, I live in Alabama on the border with Columbus, Ga. Where are you at?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/4/01 6:41:48 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: I Love the 1911 Also
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Tuckered1,

Glad to have you aboard!

Tac
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (4/4/01 7:06:08 pm)
    Reply Re: I Love the 1911 Also
    tuckerd1 - welcome to the gun forums. Sure hope you like them and there are quite a few knowledgeable people around here (don't look at me I'm not one of them).

Sounds like you got a couple of nice firearms there - and I'm real sorry about the third one.

tuckerd1
    (4/4/01 7:47:16 pm)
    Thanks TallTLynn and Tac. I've had 20 years to get over the loss, but I saw this forum on 1911's, so I went back to my firearm log and looked up the SN and decided to ask what it might have been for sure.

Also. I forgot to mention that it had "Property of US Army" on it. I bought it from an army surplus store in 1971.

1911's Are Forever!

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/4/01 11:14:58 pm)
    Your Colt was made in 1918. It's a real shame it was stolen. Are you around Phenix City? I've been through there before.I'm not too far from Dalton,in the edge of the N.Ga.mountains. Glad to have you here. We can never have enough 1911 fans. Shooter

Edited by: shooter45 us at: 4/4/01 11:30:46 pm

M Opaliski
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (4/5/01 1:53:09 am)
    Nothing beats the feel of a custom 1911, welcome Tuck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support your RKBA ... Matthew
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast

tuckerd1
    (4/5/01 4:26:59 pm)
    Yeah Shooter, I live in Smiths Station community with a Phenix City address.