The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went about 100+ miles in search of what I could get my hands on yesterday and I did pretty good. After many gun shops and a lot of persist-ency I got what I needed. One shop said he had no primers but I checked back later and there was another guy behind the counter that hooked me up. As I was at the checkout the original guy saw me and was not happy so I assuming he was holding the primers for himself or a buddy. Primers are $40.00+ in Boise and I nailed these for 33-36 dollars a box. :D

Attachments

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,532 Posts
Thats a good haul!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Good job I'm jealous

·
TFF Chaplain
20,453 Posts
Good haul. Just need to catch the heads up with the primers and powder. Or get a mold. :)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Well, he needs the supplies to continue his YouTube vids, so I won't complain.

·
Premium Member
19,873 Posts
That is more reloading supply's than is in the state of Illinois. I have been all over this area and can't find primers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That is more reloading supply's than is in the state of Illinois. I have been all over this area and can't find primers.
Hey I thought I told ya mega sports has primers, lrg,& sm primers. They are federal match.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you want to take a trip outside of the Chicago area, I have a shop that is fairly well supplied. Until he gets more stock in, he's limiting to 2,000 primers and 200 of a single style bullet. I've bought 10,000 primers in the past couple months of various types.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dang Jim if only I could get so lucky!! I thought I drew a royal straight flush in Vegas when I stumbled into a local sporting goods store in a little town near my country property. They had 600 Federal Lg Mag Pistol Primers and 1,000 Federal Sm Pistol Primers, and they had 7.62x39 FMJ, then I get back home and swing by my local Bass Pro and they had 1lb of 2400 left. Now all I need is Dies, Shellholders, and bullets till I'm in business on the .44 Mag.

·
Super Moderator
28,096 Posts
Nice haul Jim. I wish the lgs around here carried more.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes sir, that oughta hold you over for a bit on powder and primers! Good find. Truth is, we all should have had 4 times that in our cabinets before November .

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes sir, that oughta hold you over for a bit on powder and primers! Good find. Truth is, we all should have had 4 times that in our cabinets before November .
I do have quite a bit of powder but I wanted to get further ahead on it, and the primers. But yes, it is wise to back stock what you can.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts