I Moved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UncleFudd, Apr 15, 2018.

1. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Bear River? Man, you must be in Lincoln County around Cokeville, no? If so, we used to live just up the road from you near Thayne. Yea...great place to be. There isn't a day goes by I miss it.

joe45c, shootbrownelk and carver like this.
  2. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member

Nice! Wyoming was on my "Escape Liberal WA state" list when considering a retirement location.

Is Bear river the town you live in? If so, you're on the way from Lakeside MT to Grand Junction over the next 3 years. Our son plays NCAA sport in Grand Junction and we'll be visiting him a lot in retirement to watch their games.

shootbrownelk and carver like this.

3. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just to let you know Ken your house in Ocean park is still standing strong. Congratulations on your move sounds beautiful there.

shootbrownelk and carver like this.
  4. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

Im in Evanston, about 4 miles inside the Wy Ut border extreme SW corner. We are the first town inside the Wy line if you are coming from SLC or Ogden.
    This is the first community the Bear river runs through out of the Uinta mountains.
    Bad weather brewing today, strong wind and supposed to start snowing this afternoon through tomorrow. Don't know how much is predicted but their predictions don't ever come close anyway.
    We are on the lee side of the Wasatch and Uinta mountain range so our weather is never what the weatherman says.

UF

Big Mak and shootbrownelk like this.
  5. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

6. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Ahhh! We were a bit north of you then. I took my Wyoming Journeyman Electrician test in Evanston. Always wanted to fish the Bear but never got down that way to do so. Too many feeder creeks and rivers to fish in Star Valley and the surrounding area.

Seems it was always windy down your way...anywhere along I-80! I think the worst was between Laramie and Rawlins around Elk Mountain and Arlington....whew. Is the weather anywhere what they predict?

joe45c likes this.
  7. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Welcome home Fudd, there's nothing quite like home!

8. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

Thank you sir and not truer words ever spoken.
    Even with the high wind and snow last night it is home and it is beautiful.
    BTW I thought the animals would have shed their antlers by now but there was a very nice 4 point buck n the willows this morning.

Sharps4590
    I know what you mean about the feeder creeks near Afton/StarValey. We camped along the little Greys river every year to hunt elk and I fished it and was never skunked. Great fishing all over the state but really good up there and over to Pinedale..

UF