The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a GSG 1911 22 for the past 2 years and haven't found one to replace the one I had but gave to my son because he really wanted it.

Searching the web I found Sportsman's Warehouse had the Colt ( Walther ) version. They announced on their web that they didn't have any in stock locally but there was a Government Model in Utah. I ordered it and it finally showed up today.

When the Salesman brought it out I was a bit disappointed because the box simply says Walther on it instead of Colt as advertised. But opening the box my disappointment went away. Instead of the Government Model, there was a very nice looking Gold Cup Trophy. The advantage is a better grip safety, commander hammer and adjustable front and rear sight so I just saved myself a bunch in upgrades.

It only comes with one magazine but I found more and now have 5. I'm thinking of shooting it as a second gun for our local Steel Challenge Matches. Second guns only cost $5. I do have plenty of .22s on hand so once I figure out what he gun likes I'll use that. Hopefully Blazers will work or Mini Mags.

Picks to follow as well as a review.

Registered
Great find.

You do know that special saying around here - it didn't happen without pictures.
YES!!! And I am now totally flummoxed as I can NOT picture the gun the OP is talking about.

Colt?
Walther?
Umarex??

HELP !!! o_O

Oops.... GOOGLE IT, DUMMY....
So I did

NOW I know what it is. DUH!

Administrator
YES!!! And I am now totally flummoxed as I can NOT picture the gun the OP is talking about.

Colt?
Walther?
Umarex??

HELP !!! o_O

Oops.... GOOGLE IT, DUMMY....
So I did

NOW I know what it is. DUH!
With a family tree worthy of any Daytime Soap Opera, this particular gun which is sold as a Colt 1911-22鈥s manufactured by Walther鈥hich is owned by Smith & Wesson and is based off of a specialized 1911 frame designed by Umarex, which is known for Airsoft guns.

Funny!

Premium Member
With a family tree worthy of any Daytime Soap Opera, this particular gun which is sold as a Colt 1911-22鈥s manufactured by Walther鈥hich is owned by Smith & Wesson and is based off of a specialized 1911 frame designed by Umarex, which is known for Airsoft guns.

Funny!
I thought Umarex was just the importer?
And when did Walther get bought by S&W?

As nice as my wife鈥檚 is, the on e really big headache with these guns is finding magazines for them. We waited for 3 months to get one on back order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I finally got to shoot it and it was real good. Trigger was heavy at about 9 pounds. Accuracy was very good and reliability was fantastic. I ran 300 rounds and had no failures.

I ordered a trigger kit from Cylinder & Slide and now the pull is at an average of 5.4 pounds. Still a little heavy but it's the best I can do. I have friends that say they will work on it for me and get it down lower. As long as it works the way it is I'm satisfied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts