The Firearms Forum banner

I Picked Up My First Ruger 10/22 Today

Tags
ruger
4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bamajoey 
#1 ·
I don't have pictures et because I have spent my gun budget for the month. So I put it on layaway.

It has an Adams & Bennett heavy barrel, a Fajen thumbhole laminated silhouette stock and a BSA scope.

I have never wanted a stock 10/22 but this one caught my eye at my LGS today. My grandson will love it!

This stock:

This barrel:

See less See more
#10 ·
Ruger 10-22's are good. Most people in my club have them, use them for competitions.

I think you'll like it. I upgraded my trigger group out for a Timney trigger group and added a scope. Aside from that, you can swop out almost all the parts.

Enjoy.

Reactions: greggs
#13 ·
That is a beautiful rifle and will give you hours and hours of joy. I have had mine for close to twenty years and it is still a favorite for a day's shooting. I have swapped out the trigger group for a Volquartsen and played with the pressure pad and torque on the stock screw. It will do one inch groups at 100 yards on most days. I recently change scopes and put a Weaver T-36 unit on the rifle. No need for a spotting scope with that scope, ha. Nice scope but the cross hairs are just too fine for my use. If I was on a well lite range with some white paper targets it would not be a problem but on my tree shaded range it can be a challenge some times. The rifle has demonstrated a liking for SK Std. Plus or Wolf Match Target ammo. I am not willing to buy more expensive ammo to see if it shoots any better. Enjoy that gorgeous rifle and I am anxious to hear how it shoots.

#19 ·
If it likes SK Std + it would love Eley Match or RWS R 50.:D It's just a few dollars more.;)

#15 ·
That's beartiful. Something like that should be a national treasure.

You'll thoroughly enjoy it. Looking forward to the range report when the rain lets off.

Rain, rain, rain? At least it's not snow, ice, wind, gales!!;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.