IB, I got mail today.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 1:25:09 pm)
    Reply IB, I got mail today.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got the prize. I've been hearing about tose Wally Wipes and wondering how good they are. Now I'll find out, won't I? It will be fun to compare against the Ballistol I just got in.

Thanks.

No, SoutherMoss, I don't share (much.)

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

kaylan1
    (2/26/03 1:59:56 am)
    Reply Re: IB, I got mail today.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    what are Wally Wipes and a Ballistol? Sorry I live in a dark closet

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 11:36:52 am)
    YO werks good on metal & wood an they last jus keep in a baggie... have fun.....IB

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 2:09:11 pm)
    Wally's Gun Wipe and Conditioner: an oil impregnated cloth for wiping down guns and stocks. I've heard very good reports on them, but haven't been able to find them locally. IB sent me one as a prize for guessing his riddle about a 3B night.

Ballistol: a German formula gun oil and cleaner. Supposed to clean, protect and shine your guns, while brewing morning coffee, sweeping floors and washing dishes. I found a source and now have a couple of cans in stock to try out.
    www.ballistol.com/

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 4:47:20 pm)
    Re: IB, I got mail today.
    So, A&S, you might share just a little?

Actually, I got one of those wally wipes about a month ago. Works good. Even got off a little bitty rust spot on my 38 where I left it in a purse holster for a couple of weeks trying to break it in. (dadgum southern humidity!)

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 8:49:01 pm)
    #3 idiot son called me here 'while back and said he had found a gun sleeve in his camper. Been there since hunting season. Had a 50 cal parrel in it. Working over the rust now with the Ballistol. Doing pretty good, too.
    I have a cast iron wrench that lives on the propane tank that I might try the Waly Wipe on. Not a fair test, you say?

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 11:23:15 pm)
    Re: IB, I got mail today.
    So why are YOU working over the rust instead of making #3 idiot son do it?

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 11:43:36 pm)
    'Cause I want it done right!

Actually, I just wanted to use it as a test vehicle for the ballistol. I think I'm going to have to reblue it, but it doesn't seem to be badly pitted. Bore was ok, as we have a habit of coating the bore pretty thickly with natural-lube before putting black powder away. Smells so pretty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.