1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
What is the date on the barrel?

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
I can tell you the the 33rd Edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values says an I.B.M. M1 Carbine is worth from $295 for a 60% gun up to $950 for a 100% gun. With that being said, with the gun situation the way it is right now I would not venture a guess on the value. Besides, it is only worth what someone will give you for it.

Just from seeing those two pictures, I would say that the condition looks to be 90% - 95% and that would put the value at $425-$525 according to the Blue Book. Mine appears to be in about the same condition as your and as I said in the other thread, I would not sell it for less than $1000. But then you add that 2000 rounds of ammo and that increases the value by quite a bit.

That is the best I can tell you! I am sure there are some Carbine "experts" out there that will tear my comments to pieces!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I can tell you the the 33rd Edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values says an I.B.M. M1 Carbine is worth from $295 for a 60% gun up to $950 for a 100% gun. With that being said, with the gun situation the way it is right now I would not venture a guess on the value. Besides, it is only worth what someone will give you for it.

Just from seeing those two pictures, I would say that the condition looks to be 90% - 95% and that would put the value at $425-$525 according to the Blue Book. Mine appears to be in about the same condition as your and as I said in the other thread, I would not sell it for less than $1000. But then you add that 2000 rounds of ammo and that increases the value by quite a bit.

That is the best I can tell you! I am sure there are some Carbine "experts" out there that will tear my comments to pieces!!
That's my thoughts too...considering that the metal heat shield is a civilian add on, combined with the sights and usual depot level upgrades (bayonet lug, flip safety, etc...) it's not much of a collector's piece.

With 2000 rounds of ammo, depending upon how many magazines come with it, the OP could probably get $1500-2000 for it in the current environment.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I didn't see any mention of 2000 rounds of ammo, but that many rounds of GI ammo is worth around $1000 these days. Your IBM is a decent condition mixmaster shooter and the average price for these has jumped up to $800 to $900 recently, a couple of hundred dollars more than they were bringing only a year or so ago.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I didn't see any mention of 2000 rounds of ammo, but that many rounds of GI ammo is worth around $1000 these days. Your IBM is a decent condition mixmaster shooter and the average price for these has jumped up to $800 to $900 recently, a couple of hundred dollars more than they were bringing only a year or so ago.
The ammo was mentioned in his first post asking for a value, and the OP started another thread when asked for photos.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
I have to agree that your IBM shooter is about $700-$800 in todays market, and with the insane prices of ammo, $1000 for your 2000 rounds is about right. George - I'm with you on the actual value. Folks are handing out .30 cents a pop for .22 long rifle ammo, so who knows who will pay what today.

No critical comments here, but that stock has really been sanded if you look at how the trigger housing stands proud of the stock. The stock looks nice, but if it were mine I'd replace the stock with an M1 (not M2 or pot-belly) GI stock and handguard, but that's just a matter of taste.

Don't really know how much of a 'mix-master' I'd call this Carbine. Most Carbines are rebuilds, and theres nothing wrong with that. Find one with all 'matching parts' and to my way of thinking it's just been put back together by someone in the civilian world. An example is the rear sight and the front band with the bayonet lug. Late and post-war Carbines didn't have the 'L' rear sight, and every previous one that went thru a rebuild had the 'L' sight removed and the MUCH IMPROVED adjustable rear sight installed.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Mixmasters are pretty much the rule for M1 carbines and not the exception. The 10 or so companies producing them during ww2 would often swap parts to keep production flowing and then most were rearsenaled in the 1950s--bayonet lug added, safety updated, rear sight replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts