Ice fishing ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

warpig883
    (12/2/01 11:06:16 am)
    | Edit | Del All Ice fishing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know we got to have some ice fisherman on board. how about it Agunguy?

My ice shack sunk when the ice broke up enexpectedly a couple years ago. We barely got the pickup to shore.

The only way to fish is with 4 walls and a roof, hot stove with coffee and eggs and venison. I used to sit out there till the sun came up.

I been debating on whether to rebuild or not, I got a lot of goose and duck hunting to do that I have not had time for.
    Know what?

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/2/01 11:07:38 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ice fishing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We do a lot of ice fishing here in Houston. Generally, when I run out of whiskey and try to fish the ice cubes out of my glass.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

AGunguy
    (12/2/01 11:27:46 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: Ice fishing
    AGunguy moved to this frozen north location 10 years ago, he never has nor ever will set his keester on a block of ice and fish.

Me arterys would constrict, they ain't enough blood getting through my carburator now to keep it moist.

Ice fishing is a big nooo for me, but sounds like a good excuse to set in an outhouse and get ripped.

Gunguy

jeeper1
    (12/2/01 12:00:14 pm)
    I would think that ice fishing would be dangerous. Doesn't the dynamite destroy the ice?

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 12/2/01 12:40:17 pm

cointoss 2
    (12/2/01 12:12:40 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Warpig now who would want to go sit out on the ice when you already have a perfectly good boat.
    cointoss2

ruffitt
    (12/2/01 12:17:17 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I went ice fishin onct - caught myself 3 little cubes an 2 big blocks.
    But fer some strange reason they had disappeart onct I got home. All whut wuz left wuz was a buncha' water'in da trunk wherz they had bin.

RuffItt

BlackGun
    (12/2/01 12:37:09 pm)
    Piggy, I bet ole Carp could give ya some pointers on that thar ICE Fishin
    IT'S GOD'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FORGIVE BIN LADEN... IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE THE MEETING!!!"
    BlackGUN

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/2/01 12:56:09 pm)
    It's been about 4 or 5 years since I ice fished,if I don't go soon I might sell off my
    ice auger and tip ups.
    Ice or time has not been good or both.

This year so for looks bad.Weather has been very warm,time off won't be a problem though.

warpig883
    (12/2/01 6:56:40 pm)
    When I made this serious post I just knew you guys would be making all kinds of jokes. I can't believe nobody offered a recipe for cooking ice. I love you damn clowns and this place
    Know what?

Xracer
    (12/2/01 8:11:10 pm)
    Ours is a small lake, so we only get about 5 or 6 icehouses on it. The bigger lake in town usually gets 50 to 75.

I tried ice fishing a couple of years ago, but trolling's a bitch. The chainsaw keeps getting dull.

tuckerd1
    (12/2/01 8:14:45 pm)
    Good One Xracer! Choked on my peanut butter rice krispy squares! To hell with donuts!!
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

BlackGun
    (12/2/01 8:53:08 pm)
    Recipy for cooking ICE Cook in pot till it comes to a boils! Quarenteed not to melt in your mouth. No salt needed! Very tasty eaten with Prozac!
    IT'S GOD'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FORGIVE BIN LADEN... IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE THE MEETING!!!"
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 12/2/01 8:54:18 pm

shooter22
    (12/2/01 9:02:46 pm)
    What kind of knife do you use to filet them ice fish?

shooter22

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/2/01 9:11:12 pm)
    Cold steel!,Kevin.Cold steel!

AGunguy
    (12/2/01 9:25:46 pm)
    Hee hee, trolling with chain saws...that's a good one...love it.

GG

shooter22
    (12/2/01 11:48:11 pm)
    Good SXSMAN! Good!

shane
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/3/01 1:09:53 am)
    No iceholes here in North Carolina but we do have some other kind of holes if you know what I mean.( like the kind that start with an A) They are the ones sending all of our jobs to mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/3/01 9:17:22 am)
    The first brave souls are already starting to venture out (slowly and on foot) onto the ice up here.

Personally, I prefer at least 4 inches minimum of good clear ice before I'll walk out on it, and at least 12 inches to drive out.

Usually by Christmas there will be anywhere from 2 and a half feet to 3 feet of good ice and people are driving all over the ice up here with (quite literally) small towns springing up where the fish are biting.

It's really a lot of fun with the best tasting fish of the year coming up through the ice.

warpig883
    (12/3/01 9:35:14 am)
    I hear ya .280 it is a blast with some great tasting fish.

Just in case anyone is wondering if you take a 63 Galaxie 500 and hit the boat ramp at a good clip and continue at speed up across the lake you can spin in circles for a good 1/2 mile or better if you turn the wheel and stand on the brakes.
    Know what?

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/3/01 9:46:54 am)
    Whats the limit on ice fish?? Can you cull`em? Are they boney? What kinda bait do you use, frozed dough??? And do they keep well in the freezer???
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

tuckerd1
    (12/3/01 9:55:45 am)
    Hey Warpig, Can't trying that stunt with the 63 Galaxie start an ice wave that can caused serious problems on the lake?

Ice illiterate in Alabama!
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

warpig883
    (12/3/01 12:05:08 pm)
    The best bait is snow balls not dough balls, geez you guys don't know nothing.

I used to play on the ice in old cars all the time. I am getting smarter as I get older and only drive on it to fish now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.