ID 3 antique guns for me?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Adam moltab, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Adam moltab

Adam moltab New Member

Have no idea really what these three are. Think one on the right is from the civil war and the tale in my family is they have been passed from father to father.

My grandfather is selling all his possessions in preparation for his move to a nursing home and wants my help valuing and selling these. These were in a plastic bag in a trunk and probably 5-10 years since they've been touched.

Any help identifying?

Attached Files:

2. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Hi Adam, welcome from Sitka, Alaska. The revolver on the left in the photo appears to be a Remington Model 1875. They were produced in .44 Remington, .44/40 Winchester and .45 Colt. The revolver on the right is a Colt Model 1860 Army .44 percussion. Afraid I can't help you with values, but I'm sure a member who can will be along shortly. Haven't a clue what the center item is, but if you could provide some more photos taken from different angles maybe we can solve that puzzle.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017