The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's in good condition but needs a bolt. The stock has dings but the metal is beautiful, no rust, perfect riffling. If I can ID it I can look for a bolt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There should be some Japanese lettering visible on the top action, or perhaps a spot where some were ground off. I have an Arisaka in 7.7mm(.311" bullet dia.) that my brother and I converted into a deer rifle in 1973. He crowned the barrel and installed iron sights and I fitted a Fajen stock. Missed a buck of a lifetime, on a hill in Ravine, PA in the late 70s due to the 8# trigger and the ridiculous bolt "end cap" safety. No wait...it was my fault, should have not carried that rifle into the woods. Forced me to buy a Remington 760 and mounted a scope on it. Norma made ammo.
I see these rifles selling at gun shows so somebody wants them.
BTW the Arisaka came in 7.7mm and 6.5mm.

·
Banned
1 Posts
There should be some Japanese lettering visible on the top action, or perhaps a spot where some were ground off. I have an Arisaka in 7.7mm(.311" bullet dia.) that my brother and I converted into a deer rifle in 1973. He crowned the barrel and installed iron sights and I fitted a Fajen stock. Missed a buck of a lifetime, on a hill in Ravine, PA in the late 70s due to the 8# trigger and the ridiculous bolt "end cap" safety. No wait...it was my fault, should have not carried that rifle into the woods. Forced me to buy a Remington 760 and mounted a scope on it. Norma made ammo.
I see these rifles selling at gun shows so somebody wants them.
BTW the Arisaka came in 7.7mm and 6.5mm.
Yeah those old military triggers are tough I'm surprised he didn't polish up some of the trigger parts with all that work he did 🤔

·
Banned
85 Posts
It's Arisaka

1 - 7 of 7 Posts