The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These taters are great. They are 100% REAL Idaho potatoes. Shelf life is several years. They are finely shredded and DELICIOUS. They are excellent camping taters, easy to make, and we cook them here at home and prefer them to most (they give freshly cooked taters a run for their money).

Here is a link to their website. If you can get them they are a great prepper food. Good filler, high carb, easy to prep, and great shelf life. Check their other products also.

Jim

http://www.idahoan.com/category/products/

· Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,930 Posts
I will be planting my own in a few days:thumbsup:

· Registered
3,128 Posts
don't forget, they have vitamin C also!

I've never met a potato I did not like, having some that will last a bit longer is even better. Can't do the instant spuds, just not the same. These look great and may be an addition to the freezer...

· Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't forget, they have vitamin C also!

I've never met a potato I did not like, having some that will last a bit longer is even better. Can't do the instant spuds, just not the same. These look great and may be an addition to the freezer...
I can not tell a difference between these potatoes and fresh when they are grated as fine as these and cooked the same way. The Idahoans are delicious.

· Registered
60 Posts
I buy them from Sams Club in a big box. They re the best instant potatoes. Good flavor & go farther than other brands. I am tired of cooking & we have them often. The only other potatoes I get are Idaho bakers or the little red potatoes

· Banned
5,419 Posts
Your killing me in Idaho Don. Send me some. :D
Oh they do grow Yukon Golds in Idaho along with just about every other spud you can think of.

Yukon Golds are great for just about any potato dish -but- you can't beat those big Idaho Russets for baking....butter, sour cream a little S&P, cooked in a campfire, on a grille or in the oven a must on the SAME dish with a big steak, maybe a big Porterhouse, Rib Eye or NY Strip.

.....hungry yet? :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.