The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife's grandfather left this beauty to her father when he passed, and we don't know anything about this piece and her grandfather didn't either.

Any help with identification and value would be most appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
9,451 Posts
Looking closely at the photo of the breech, it appears that someone took a large bore flare gun and sleeved the barrel to fire ball cartridges.

Legality.......... well, not a lawyer, but would make me nervous.
Especially if it's not rifled.

Way out of my area but looks like a Hebel flair launcher caliber 4 from what I could find.
Some call them that but hebel is just the German word for lever. Look up Leuchtpistole. 26.65 is 4 caliber.

· Registered
245 Posts
Especially if it's not rifled.

Some call them that but hebel is just the German word for lever. Look up Leuchtpistole. 26.65 is 4 caliber.
Like I said way out of my area of knowledge. When I looked up the Leuchtpistole the pic I saw had a different hammer and a few other differences but I'm sure you know more than I do!! Are there other variations?

Hard to tell but the one pic looked like the barrel was rifled but could be my eyes. 2 years of German back in 69/70 & don't remember much LOL!

· Registered
1,305 Posts

· Registered
9,451 Posts
Key words, making or transfer. That one is already made and can't be transferred since it is already illegal.

· Registered
9,451 Posts
Just out of curiosity if they inherited it why couldn't they just pay a transfer fee? Technically your assuming it it illegal what if their grandfather had already registered it when he was alive?
If he registered it they will have to go through the ATF and find out if it was registered. If it wasn't it will be destroyed.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Are you guys sure a flare launcher is a NFA item?
I'm finding quite a few places that say it isn't--and I can't find anything on the
ATF site that says it is unless the bore is 40 mm or you also possess anti-personel
ammo for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts