The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
Please read the link below and add the additional information needed.

·
Registered
old rusty flintlock
11 Posts
I found it on google within 30 seconds.
Type ''savage quality pistol 1905''

Best way to identify militaria is by just typing in google whatever is written on the piece

·
Registered
old rusty flintlock
11 Posts
No, but with 20 extra seconds I did. One sold on auction for 275 dollars and looks to be in way better shape.

The rust doesnt look that bad so my guess would be, assuming everything still works, that this one would be worth 150-200?(I'm not familiar with the us market)

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Yep, knew it was a Savage..old pal passed on, and his widow found his Savage in his stuff...in way better shape than that one, still a shooter. she fired it at our range once or twice..think it was a .32, but I was wrong once...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello. My grandmother found this pistol in my grandfather's tool shed. He used to collect guns. On top it says November 1905. What is it worth? View attachment 253111
that's a very rough Savage 1907. They are going for $550 in very good condition on *********. The original black grips help but I'd expect $150-$250 for that at auction unless it's not .32acp.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Looks like the safety has broken off or been removed. You may want to have that replaced if you intend to fire it. This is a striker gun and the thing on the rear that looks like a hammer is actually a cooking lever. It does not come in contact with the firing pin.

These are near little guns that were quite popular in their time. The Savage Model 1907 was created from Savage's prototype they submitted to replace the US Army sidearm. The prototype was originally chambered in .45 ACP and lost to the Colt Model 1911.

I have one similar to yours but in better condition. A new magazine often takes care of any jamming issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts