The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend gave me a holster made by Bucheimer. The holster is made of saddle leather and has a thumb strap and the whole top of the holster is open exposing the top of the barrel. A 1911 fits well into it but just doesnt seem right due to the thumb strap. I tried to send pics to JLA but they didnt work. If no responses i will try to get the pics on my computer. If anyone has any idea by the description what gun will fit into this holster please chime in. Thanks, JUNK

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Maybe it was for a browning hp. Old company thats been gone a while and with no model number it would be a guess. I thought they allways looked like a hunter holster. Old holster that have sat around tend to scrink a bit so it might have fit a 1911 . Belt ot shoulder holster
http://www.collectorfirearms.org/website images/U.S. Military Holsters & Related/uh-1031.htm

Good photos and I can't help with it . Does it have a circle with bucheimer in it and a model number in it on the back side. Interesting design.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Are there any markings, or numbers on the holster?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've seen some holster designs that seem designed to have the stap released by the trigger finger. I have a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster for my 1911 that works very well when used this way.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Carver... There are markings on the rear of the holster. Bucheimer Clark Valencia California in an oval. Also on the rear it is stamped 89 - 4S

Those are the only markings on the holster.

I have tried several revolvers in it but they just flop around or dont fit at all at least the ones i have. I also tried the pistols I have the one that fits best is a 1911 but it just doesnt seem right. Archie may be on to something here. The slot the belt would go through seems to be for a service belt because its about 2 3/4 inches wide. I recall a bunch of holsters I got once for real cheap had a service belt in them with a holster that I sent to JLA and it too had a very wide slot for a belt.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Carver I found the holster in a catalog on the Colt site. It's a 1975 year and will fit any 4" Small frame revolver like Archie said. Its called a quick draw holster. I never even bothered to look inside there are slots cut for the cylinder which lock act like a retention and grip the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.