Idiots...

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

mt pari
    (8/25/01 12:42:41 am)
    | Del All Idiots...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Idiots!!

How many times have we dealt with people like this?????

IDIOTS IN SERVICE This week, all our office phones went dead and I had to
    contact the telephone repair people. They promised to be out between 8:00
    a.m. and 7:00 p.m. When I asked if they could give me a smaller time window,
    the pleasant gentleman asked, "Would you like us to call you before we come?"
    I replied that I didn't see how he would be able to do that, since our phones
    weren't working. He also requested that we report future outages by email.
    (Does YOUR email work without a telephone line?)

IDIOTS AT WORK: I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when
    the clerk noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card.
    She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card
    was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare
    the signature I had just signed on the receipt. So I signed the credit card
    in front of her. She carefully compared the signature to the one I had just
    signed on the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched.

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD: I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a
    new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the
    removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: too many deer were
    being hit by cars and he didn't want them to cross there anymore.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE: My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a
    taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said
    he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

IDIOT SIGHTING # 1 I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an
    airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your
    knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I
    know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

IDIOT SIGHTING #2: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross
    the street. I was crossing with an intellectually-challenged coworker of mine
    when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals
    blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth
    are blind people doing driving?!"

IDIOT SIGHTING #3: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who
    is leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully,
    "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all
    just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

IDIOT SIGHTING #4: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back
    into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would
    not turn on.

IDIOT SIGHTING # 5 When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership
    to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to
    the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the
    driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively
    tried the door handle and discovered that it as unlocked. "Hey," I announced
    to the technician, "it's open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got
    that side ---

oneknight
    (8/25/01 7:23:12 am)
    | Del Re: Idiots...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pari,

We must know the same people, I'd hate to think there
    are more of them out there just waiting to talk to us.
    LOL!

mt pari
    (8/25/01 11:56:18 am)
    Believe me Donna, they are everywhere...But then remember I bought the two tickets for the lotto and put the same number combos on both..lol..won $400 instead of $200.. I guess I would have had to share the grand prize with myself, if I had won that lol..amazing what we all do at times..Best part is being able to bring out the humor of it..

oneknight
    (8/25/01 3:09:50 pm)
    It worked Pari, so WHATEVER!!!!!! Congrats on the $400

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/25/01 5:49:09 pm)
    These are great, mt pari! And Congrats on the windfall! WTG, Gal!

Sharon

mt pari
    (8/26/01 11:29:41 pm)
    Thanks Sharon..Wish I was lucky at the machines..One time I was playing to kill time, just a nickel a play and hit the jackpot..I got a whole $25.00 instead of the $800 possible... I quit gambling unless I go to lunch with my daughter and we put a couple in while waiting for our meal.