If I take apart my Enfield

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/30/01 9:51:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All If I take apart my Enfield
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    will I have to have someone put it together for me or can I do it myself?

I'd like to strip the stock and refinish it.
    TLynn

Bob In St Louis
    (12/30/01 9:58:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: If I take apart my Enfield
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They are fairly simple to take apart - just pay attention as you disassemble it, make sure to note how it goes back together, and don't throw any of the parts at the cat. How the hell does the bolt end up in the hall closet anyway?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    (12/30/01 10:03:26 pm)
    Sometimes I forget where I put them Bob?

My cats rarely take things except .22lr bullets.
    TLynn

Moskovskyya
    (12/31/01 8:42:14 am)
    If you are doing it the first time, guessing all the way, getting the bolt out will be the most difficult thing to "figure out"! A special buttstock removal tool will also be needed, (foot long large tip screwdriver). Otherwise, not difficult at all.

Happy New Year!

TallTLynn
    (12/31/01 8:56:47 am)
    Bolts are the easy part now - already went through the how do I take that out part (lol). Seems my sporterized Enfield was changed as the bolt on it comes out somewhat differently.

And big screwdrivers I have! I knew all those mechanic tools owuld come in handy someday for something besides my vehicles.
    TLynn