The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'd like to say I ask this question for no other reason than I have this strange need to try and make sense of things and mean no offense. So, keeping that in mind here ya go. If you didn't come here to discuss guns and gun related things just why did you join or how did you even find "The Firearms Forum"?:):):):):):):):):):)
Strikes me odd that someone would join a gun forum and not have an interest in firearms. Guess I really don't know what someone's interests really are but when few if any posts have to do with guns it leaves me scratching my head a little :confused:. Me personally, I joined about 7 years ago looking for information on an old IJ Safety Hammerless and found a group of friends that shared the same love for firearms. Thanks in advance and really looking forward to learning just what drew you here.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I ended up here looking for information about an old Hopkins and Allen .22 rifle, I just lurked for a while and one day someone had a problem and I had an idea of what it was, I had to join to post.

I think Sharps took issue with my answer, but no harsh words or hard feelings on either one of our parts.

·
Super Moderator
38,540 Posts
We have had many folks that join - just because! Some of them very seldom, if ever, even mention a gun, maybe to troll or to stir things up. They are usually found out and poofed. Some very quickly and some may take a while but sooner or later they are discovered. I joined to ask a reloading question and just stuck around because of the "atmosphere of friendly" here!

·
9,065 Posts
I found the site on google, asked a question I can't remember and have just hung around.
I get in trouble from time to time and get chewed out but here I am.

i wish their was more talk about black powder guns and revolvers. some now and then but i wish their was more.
There is a black powder site isn't there?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Started to ID a gun. Stayed cause I enjoyed reading posts and learning more about weapons. 'General Discussion' Forum is about only place I post but do check other Forums, too! Just I now know I have limited knowledge on different weapons than I knew.
Plus, I get very long............... winded!
"Thank you!" Glad I'm still here!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am on another forum and people were getting a little testy there so started looking around. After about 4 or 5 different ones I found this one. People here get along and welcome new members to join in. The old forum seems to be turning around so I will stay with both but do post here more often.
I am a gun person so there is that also.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
So long ago, I can't recall all the details, but I do remember it being the 2nd gun forum I signed up on. The reason was pretty much the same as the one that created this forum, all the BS attitudes on the other forum. If I recall, it was SouthernMoss and Marlin that invited me.
BTW...almost afraid to ask, because I haven't seen any posts from them, can anyone tell me how they are doing?

·
Premium Member
11,219 Posts
Definitely firearm or handloading related. Then when I learned what a large cadre' of Christians there was on this board, I felt like I was home. I'd been on another board for several years and it was really going down hill. Moderation was greatly relaxed, profanity was being allowed, a few youngsters had taken over and couldn't resist insulting any and everything and everybody they disagreed with...which was most of the older guys and, they've succeeded in running off most of us. There's differences of opinion on this board but for the most part it's done in good humor.

I think Sharps took issue with my answer, but no harsh words or hard feelings on either one of our parts.
I did? Good grief Griz...what did I say? Your memory is a lot better than mine!!! 'Course that doesn't take much...lol

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Like most came looking for information on a firearm. Found a sight with a lot of knowledgeable folks willing to share it without the attitude that is characteristic of many forums,.....well usually;)

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Sharps, you said the same thing I probably would have said if our situations were reversed and I didn't know what your level of experience was .

A guy had dry balled a .32 caliber rifle and he couldn't get it out with a ball puller and couldn't get a charge fed through the clean out hole in the drum to push the ball out of the bore. I know of only two reasons for this ( the charge not building any pressure behind the ball, not the not being able to pull it with a puller) and both typically require removing the breech plug and drum.

You, and rightly so, were not happy with my answer as 99% of the time you can clear a dry ball without removing the breech.

This happened to be the 1%.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
My main reason for joining was for gun related chit chat. I also participate in non gun related topics on occasion. I do enjoy the overall friendliness from members on this forum.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I came in looking for some information and knowledge. Then I just stayed around to suck up your knowledge. Kind of funny how this same basic question has been asked on 2 different gun forums today.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts