The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts
If you say so...lol!! I have absolutely no recollection of it and I don't doubt you in the least.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Had some gun questions but was hooked good with the religious forum.
I’m just an amateur with firearms but I’ve learned a lot here. I was even talked into reloading which I do enjoy even though I’m low volume. It feels like home.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
If you say so...lol!! I have absolutely no recollection of it and I don't doubt you in the least.
As I said, no harm no foul. We kind of agreed to disagree but the OP of that thread did have to remove the drum but not the breech to solve the problem so we were both half right lol.

BTW, his problem is one that calibers larger than .32 won't be likely to encounter. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts
Well, that wasn't too bad for him. If a guy shoots a muzzleloader long enough, he's going to eventually dry ball one....or more.

Mark, what kind of replies did you expect?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I joined to learn about guns. In 2015 I purchased my first gun. I was 68 y/o. I now have 10 guns and maintain them myself. I learned from this forum, Hickok45, and a few others. I have rebuilt a few and found that very relaxing. I love the sport and love the comradery of the members. I own a Jeep and belong to the Jeep forum and love the discussions with guys from all over the country (and world). Its a blast.

·
9,337 Posts
Started to ID a gun. Stayed cause I enjoyed reading posts and learning more about weapons. 'General Discussion' Forum is about only place I post but do check other Forums, too! Just I now know I have limited knowledge on different weapons than I knew.
Plus, I get very long............... winded!
"Thank you!" Glad I'm still here!
Be careful what you post on General Discussions.

·
Premium Member
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Mark, what kind of replies did you expect?
I apparently didn’t phrase this properly. I was wanting to learn why those people that don’t have much to do with guns came to and stay around TFF. No worries, like I said, it’s still nice reading everyone’s posts.

·
Banned
479 Posts
First off I'd like to say I ask this question for no other reason than I have this strange need to try and make sense of things and mean no offense. So, keeping that in mind here ya go. If you didn't come here to discuss guns and gun related things just why did you join or how did you even find "The Firearms Forum"?:):):):):):):):):):)
Strikes me odd that someone would join a gun forum and not have an interest in firearms. Guess I really don't know what someone's interests really are but when few if any posts have to do with guns it leaves me scratching my head a little :confused:. Me personally, I joined about 7 years ago looking for information on an old IJ Safety Hammerless and found a group of friends that shared the same love for firearms. Thanks in advance and really looking forward to learning just what drew you here.
I joined 16 years ago. For the guns and hunting.

I had already been on at least dozens of message boards by then most likely. By then I was probably active on hundreds of message boards, guns, weapons, politics, hiking, canoe and kayaking, welding and DIY board, union boards. I had a job by then in an office with a computer, and then a desk and phone like using my own modem. I'd done my job for decades and by then it was either pretty calm all night or it was never had time to sit down at all.

Now I'm on the internets on my own time and I've cut down to mostly just a few gun and hunting boards and friends I actually KNOW on facebook.

·
Premium Member
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Well there are actually quite a few I’ve noticed lately Vic and like I said, just kinda curious what would draw someone here that doesn’t at least in some part want to discuss guns. Wasn’t thinking of anyone specific and Chief has explained what drew him here before. Lots of military guys here and he fits right in, love those stories.

·
Super Moderator
39,087 Posts
Well there are actually quite a few I’ve noticed lately Vic and like I said, just kinda curious what would draw someone here that doesn’t at least in some part want to discuss guns. Wasn’t thinking of anyone specific and a Chief has explained what drew him here before. Lots of military guys here and he fits right in, love those stories.
The way I have heard it, Chief was here before we were. The original forum was The Vietnam Memories Forum that was founded on 31 Jan 2001, which is about a week before TFF which was founded on 9 Feb 2001. Again, the way I understand it, when TFF needed a host/server we joined with the VMF and it was agreed that the name would be The Firearms Forum.

If that is incorrect, someone correct me.

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Hmmm, been around so long I forgot why I joined, but it must have been for the stellar membership. I was worried for a while that any group that would let me join would be pretty hard up for members...Mostly fine , like minded folk, some really dandy information on some of the firearms I own, and a smattering of reloading stuff..and I really enjoy the tempests in a teacup that erupt from time to time...

21 - 40 of 91 Posts