The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
6,010 Posts
I joined here because I wanted to learn about other firearms , reloading and generally get tips from people with more experience than me. Even though I was an armorer at the beginning of my military career my experience with firearms was basically the 1911 and M16A1 and A2 m60 and the M2 or ma deuce. Never owned a gun as all my hunting was done with a borrowed rifle and the only rifle I owned was a BB gun. I was 17 when I enlisted in the army under the delayed entry program and when I graduated in May I was in bootcamp by June.

Funny how many people think anyone in the military are all firearm experts but what wet my appetite was when I bought my first rifle, a Savage 110 model C my very own deer rifle in 30-06 the same caliber I shot my first deer as a wee lad, and that was back in 1982. Since than I like the company of like minded people.

·
Premium Member
11,254 Posts
You old Flirts!!!!
Chief
The length of time it took me to get all this white hair does not give me any more rights than the next person. What it DOES do is make it a lot more likely I'll speak my mind, consequences can go hang. And Chief..you're older than me!!:D

Besides, it's the truth, Rae is cute. There, I said it again...wait...that reminds me of an old Vaughn Monroe song from 1945, later cut by Bobby Vinton in the early 60's.....THERE, I'VE SAID IT AGAIN....what more can I say...believe me there's no other way....:p

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I thought you liked that one!!!I

LOL
Hey, you know, I think you have a good eye.
Someday I will meet Lady Rae, just waiting on her to move to Tejas.
You guys are just tooo much!
I tried my best Sam impersonation but it didn't work lol Im kidding Sam!

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,810 Posts
Besides, it's the truth, Rae is cute.
You're certainly right about that! Not that it will do me any good to say so; I'm a guy that joined MENSA to meet girls...

I joined back when I first got my initial reloading gear. There were a lot of good answers to my newbie questions, so I decided to stick around. I haven't found any reason to regret that choice.

·
TFFWPP President
13,483 Posts
I was forced to come here. No other forum would accept me. Must have been from me asking about air rifles, I dunno.

Once I got settled in I found it hard to leave. Kind of like the mafia. Our Godfather sure knows how to treat us good as long as we treat him good.

You're right, Rae is cute. But I'd sure like to taste some samples of her culinary skills.

·
9,099 Posts
I was forced to come here. No other forum would accept me. Must have been from me asking about air rifles, I dunno.

Once I got settled in I found it hard to leave. Kind of like the mafia. Our Godfather sure knows how to treat us good as long as we treat him good.

You're right, Rae is cute. But I'd sure like to taste some samples of her culinary skills.
Yup!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
This came up on my recommended list and even being a bit old I wanted to answer it . Can't remember the question I had think I typed a question on google and this was one of the things that showed up . For me it was the way questions were being answered . Nobody was doing it in a snooty I am a gun guru way . Then found the prayer request section and that really got me . I am a member on a few other forums and after really enjoying that section here I suggested on the other forums about starting a prayer request type section and got told that it did not fit in their forums ideas at that time . So I have been hanging out here for most part . Still check in on other forums but TFF is my #1 place and just feel relaxed here .

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I found the sight by accident while trying to find info on a question I had on reloading 38 special. several other forums I had read stuff on were all cold and fighting with each other If your choice of handgun was anything but some premium or Brand loyal gun. You were basically torn apart. This forum seem to be more come in, sit down, pull up a chair, would you like a cookie. How bout some coffee? The disagreements here seem to be more I see your point here's my view kinda discussions. Have all the threads I started been strictly Gun related, Nope. But then Im new to the whole forum thing and still feeling things out. Correct me if I am wrong but my impressions of this forum so far seems to be its about Guns, God, Family and friends in that order. Im hoping as time progresses I fall into the latter two.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts