If there were one gun you nolonger owned

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by 2A-Jay, Sep 26, 2016.

1. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

If there were one gun you no longer owned but really wished you had back what would it be? For me it is the Colt Gold Cup Commander Stainless that had never been fired. Had to sell it during a divorce. I could kick my self now. I only paid $200 for at an Estate Sale.

2. gunnut1215

gunnut1215 Well-Known Member

That's a toss-up between my Taurus PT-92 and my Bushmaster XM-15 with a 16" barrel.

3. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

At the time I made a very nice profit on that gun sale. I sold it to owner of the local gun shop. He didn't even ask how much I wanted. He offered me $900 and took care of the FFL paperwork. Now that gun is worth a whole bunch more than $900. That gun shop owner still has it in his collectors case, still unfired with a NFS tag on it.

tedwitt, Potter and carver like this.
  4. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

My Colt Woodsman, sold in 65 when I went back to sea.

Potter, carver and dbcooper like this.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

There are so many! In no particular order - Beretta CX4 Storm, Colt Commander, Colt Government Model, S&W 629, FN PS-90, FN FiveseveN, L1A1, and those are the ones that quickly come to mind!! If I still had all the guns I have owned in my life, I could fill up the bed of my pick-up truck.

jim brady, Potter and carver like this.
  6. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

I can't say the same gdmoody, most of my firearms experience was in the Navy. I have shot some very interesting guns. I used to joke about my M-79 being my Deer Rifle. The most interesting was a 20mm Vulcan Pedestal mount.

Daffyd, Potter and carver like this.
  7. gdmoody

I never fired an M-79, the one I got to play with was the M-203, and it was fun.

Potter, carver and SilasW like this.
  8. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

I was a Combat Sar Aircrewman My flight weapons were a 1911A1, M14, M60, and the M79 with both HE rounds and Fleshette rounds.

And yeah the M79 was fun. Once put an HE Round inside the 55 Gallon drum at 200 yards.

Potter and carver like this.
  9. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have only sold two, one was an Rem 870 and the other, a cheap knockoff of a coach gun. Everything else I've ever bought is still in the safe.

CrookCountyGO, Potter and carver like this.
  10. gdmoody

I retired as an E-7 Administrative NCO, I guess the Navy's term was Yeoman(?). I was assigned to a Reserve unit for my last few years and since I was the only "full time" person the unit had, I assigned myself to the weapons I wanted to play with.:rolleyes::D

jim brady, Fordpkup, gvw3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bama1022

Bama1022 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

1970's S&W Model 581 Revolver

12. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Now that is Cheating. I finished out 21 years Only to find out that if I had been able to stay (Navy Move up or out got me) that I had been selected as Chief (E-7) Totally sucks, my retirement pay would have been much higher.

Potter, carver and gdmoody like this.
  13. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything I've sold went away for a reason, the reason being that they either didn't work as well as I liked or I just plain didn't like shooting them, except for one.

That was a Ruger Mark II 50th year anniversary edition, needed the cash and my BIL offered to buy it and my Single Six, he sold me the Single Six back later but he liked the Mark II too much and kept it. He said I'd get it back when he passed but he never got around to writing a will and the pistol never made it into the estate auction with his other guns, I guess one of his grandkids liked it well enough to steal it before it could go to auction.

14. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Remington 742 in 30/06 and a Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt

15. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Over the past fifty years I've sold too many firearms to really narrow it down, but if we're talking back in the day ('60s/'70s) I'd have to say it'd be a tossup between a Springfield M1922 and a Winchester Model 1873 Musket in .44WCF with matching WRA bayonet. Latter day, it'd be the Colt Series 70 MkIV Government Model that was part of a trade deal I made a couple of years back. Dumb move, but like most such moves it seemed like a good idea at the time. :(

Potter, m77user and carver like this.